Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, State & Local; Government & Public Affairs
Are you ready to join a dynamic and ambitious team to contribute to the LEGO Group´s government and public affairs work in the Americas region?
Here’s a fantastic job opportunity to provide outstanding relationship management for a world-famous brand!
- Develop and deploy a multi-state government affairs strategy that advances policies supporting equitable access to high quality education, with a specific focus on whole-learner, STEAM, project-based and hands-on learning approaches.
- Monitor, analyze and track legislative and policy trends on core public policy education issues on issues important to LEGO entities.
- Advance state appropriate policy recommendations and interventions to institutionalize learning through play and expand market expansion opportunities at the state level.
- Work collaboratively across the LEGO Brand entities and internal functions/programs to advance our corporate reputation and commercial objectives to reach more children with playful, hands-on learning in priority states.
- Design, manage and implement compelling engagement events with policymakers and other partners in key states.
- Manage and optimize partnerships, districts, associations and coalitions to enhance the GPA team’s impact and thought leadership.
- Foster and grow strong relationships with the right partners within the political, regulatory, civil society and business communities.
Play your part in our team succeeding
In Government & Public Affairs, we have a purpose that we live by: Purveyors of the magic, calming seas and shaping play-filled futures!
This role facilitates this by enabling the LEGO Group and LEGO branded entities to thrive and grow through strategic engagement with governments and related partners; growing market opportunities, protecting our business from political and legislative risk, and enhancing our reputation.
The GPA Americas team focuses on issues across North and South America specifically related to business priorities and our corporate citizenship agenda. The team delivers impact through driving market specific plans in the region to enable operating stability, market access and to identify new opportunities for the Americas commercial team, LEGO Education and LEGO Foundation in collaboration with other relevant functions.
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in driving government and public affairs programs within global organizations or government institutions.
- Experience in state government affairs and a proven track record of completing and achieving public policy objectives.
- High integrity and will always do what’s right for the company and children.
- You are a self-starter, who can work independently and have strong prioritization skills.
- You have a robust network, can easily build relationships and enjoy partnering with government and related stakeholders.
- Background or strong interest in education, early childhood, STEM teacher professional development, curriculum and assessment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, government affairs, law, education, or related fields preferred or equivalent working experience.
- English – Advanced (written and spoken)
New Location Update
This position will initially be based at our LEGO Education office at Boylston St, Back Bay, Boston before moving to a new central Boston office location by the end of 2026. Our hiring teams will discuss this with you during the interview stages.
Hybrid working model
Our workplace enables our LEGO® colleagues to be and do their best at work. Introducing a flexible way of working through a hybrid working model is a great example of how we live up to our ambition. This 3 day in the office hybrid working model will exemplify our People Promise by embracing the different life situations of our colleagues.
Join the global LEGO® team
We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities – LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-30