Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, State & Local, Government & Public Affairs
Are you ready to join a dynamic and ambitious team to contribute to the LEGO Group´s government and public affairs (GPA) work in the Americas region?
Here’s a fantastic job opportunity to provide outstanding relationship management for a world-famous brand!
- Develop and deploy a multi-state government affairs strategy that advances policies supporting equitable access to high quality education, with a specific focus on whole-learner, STEAM, project-based and hands-on learning approaches.
• Monitor, analyze and track legislative and policy trends on core public policy education issues important to LEGO entities.
• Advance policy recommendations and interventions to institutionalize learning through play and expand market expansion opportunities at the state level.
• Work collaboratively across the LEGO Brand entities and internal functions/programs to advance our corporate reputation and commercial objectives to reach more children with playful, hands-on learning in priority states.
• Design, manage and implement compelling engagement events with policymakers and other partners in key states.
• Manage and optimize partnerships, districts, associations and coalitions to enhance the GPA team’s impact and thought leadership.
• Foster and grow strong relationships with the right partners within the political, regulatory, civil society and business communities.
Play your part
In Government & Public Affairs (GPA), we have a purpose that we live by: be the purveyors of the magic, calming seas and shaping play-filled futures!
This role facilitates this by enabling the LEGO Group and LEGO branded entities to thrive and grow through strategic engagement with governments and related partners; growing market opportunities, protecting our business from political and legislative risk, and enhancing our reputation.
The GPA Americas team focuses on issues across North and South America specifically related to business priorities and our corporate citizenship agenda. The team delivers impact through driving market specific plans in the region to enable our operations, while achieving our mission of inspiring the builders of tomorrow.
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in driving government and public affairs programs within global or local organizations or government institutions.
• Experience in state government affairs and a proven track record of completing and achieving public policy objectives.
• High integrity and will always do what’s right for the company and children.
• You are a self-starter, who can work independently and have strong prioritization skills.
• You have a robust network, can easily build relationships and enjoy partnering with government and related stakeholders.
• Background or strong interest in education, early childhood, STEAM teacher professional development, curriculum and assessment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in public policy, government affairs, law, education, or related fields preferred or equivalent working experience.
• English – Advanced (written and spoken)
Apply via LEGO website – Application Wizard (lego.com)
Job posted: 2022-07-24