Senior Manager, State Public Affairs & Patient Advocacy
The Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM) is the leading international advocacy
organization dedicated to realizing the promise of regenerative medicines and
advanced therapies. ARM promotes legislative, regulatory and reimbursement
initiatives to advance this innovative and transformative sector, which includes cell
therapies, gene therapies and tissue-based therapies. Early products to market
have demonstrated profound, durable and potentially curative benefits that are
already helping thousands of patients worldwide, many of whom have no other
viable treatment options. Hundreds of additional product candidates contribute to a
robust pipeline of potentially life-changing regenerative medicines and advanced
therapies. In its 11-year history, ARM has become the global voice of the sector,
representing the interests of 370+ members worldwide, including small and large
companies, academic research institutions, major medical centers and patient
groups. To learn more, visit: www.alliancerm.org
The Senior Manager, State Public Affairs & Patient Advocacy will report to the
Director of U.S. Government Affairs & Advocacy and will work closely with the SVP
of Global Public Affairs to further ARM’s state campaigns and increase its patient
advocacy outreach and relationship-building in the US and Europe.
This is a fulltime position located in Washington, D.C. with 25-30% travel.
• Run state campaigns that advance ARM’s policy positions among key state
policymakers, including: the executive and legislative branches, Medicaid
agencies, academic institutions, patient advocacy groups and members.
• Enhance ARM’s reputation as the global voice of the cell & gene therapy
sector through proactive expert stakeholder engagement.
• Serve as ARM’s day-to-day state lobbyist, working collaboratively with ARM
contract lobbyists in each state, and serve as key point-of-contact for state
policymakers and their staffs.
• Partner with the SVP and public affairs team colleagues to ensure the
consistent and sustained execution of ARM’s integrated global public affairs
• Manage ARM’s Patient Engagement Committee; identify and cultivate new
patient advocacy groups for membership and enhance ARM’s relationships
with patient advocacy professionals and organizations.
• Draft policy positions, briefing documents, decks, reports and other
materials.Engage regularly with ARM member organizations and their state
government relations, market access and patient advocacy teams.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 10+ years’ experience as an effective healthcare and/or biotech government
relations lead and lobbyist. Previous experience running state-focused public
affairs campaigns & in-house, corporate experience is a strong plus.
• 3+ years’ experience creating and/or managing 3rd-party coalitions. Working
on patient advocacy and market access issues is a strong plus.
• Demonstrated ability to strategically assess developing policy opportunities
and risks and effectively counsel ARM colleagues.
• Seeking energetic, go-getter – accomplished in seeing around corners &
making things happen. Team player who lives and breathes collaboration.
• Adept at translating complex healthcare terminology into easily
understandable information for policymakers.
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining relationships with
relevant stakeholders at the state levels.
• Exhibits calm under pressure and when working against deadlines.
• Demonstrates highly professional demeanor and excellent inter-personal
skills; experienced working with political stakeholders.
• Experience partnering with contract lobbyists.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• BS/BA required; MS/MA/MBA preferred.
• Ability to travel 25-30%, overnight travel may be required.
• 401(k), 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Vision insurance
• Health insurance, health savings account
• Parental leave
• Professional development assistance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-30