Senior Manager State Regulatory Affairs
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Manager State Regulatory Affairs, are to:
- Develop and drive innovative regulatory strategies to obtain favorable registrations and defend existing product registrations;
- Manage the state regulatory activities necessary to support and maintain the business, including state registrations of New Active Ingredients, Section 3, Section 24(c), Section 2(ee), Section 18, Experimental Use Product (EUP), etc. for crop, environmental science or certain bioscience products;
- Influence State agencies to obtain timely approval of pending petitions, applications and actions;
- Lead asset team discussions on submission strategies as well as relay and collaborate with functional technical experts to ensure the necessary scientific data, studies, documentation, interpretations and information are available in a timely manner;
- Compile and submit required data and documents necessary for registration across all States;
- Maintain regulatory database tracking systems for products;
- Forecast the cost of state registration fees annually, track and provide updates and adjustments as needed. Process payment of state registration fees, including new product registration fees and annual state renewal fees and submit state renewals / licenses for BCS products with appropriate documentation;
- Provide the asset teams with interpretation and/or confirmation of the State regulatory requirements of various State Lead Agencies;
- Maintain compliance by interpreting and evaluating state registration requirements as they apply to BCS products;
- Manage development of State acceptable labels and ensure compliance w/ state regulations by working with business teams and label specialists during the label development and submission process (federal and state);
- Maintain current awareness of and ensure company compliance w/ evolving state label requirements;
- Maintain knowledge of current pesticide regulations and contact with key State regulatory authorities;
- Convey critical knowledge, especially that relating to assigned products, to relevant managers, appropriate BCS scientists, and others to alleviate or reduce regulatory hurdles.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four years of relevant pesticide registration experience or Master’s degree with at least two years of relevant pesticide registration experience;
- Experience adhering to regulations and requirements for submission of registration applications and regulatory dossiers;
- Intermediate level of knowledge and understanding of agronomic industry business and competitive landscape;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Capable of providing strategic direction and timeline estimates to asset teams on policies and procedures of States;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Scientific knowledge of applicable area(s) to the state regulatory process (environmental safety, human safety);
- Ability to construct persuasive documents to support/ defend registrations;
- Strong negotiating, influencing and problem-solving skills necessary;
- Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-22