Senior Manager, Tax, International Public Policy
The Senior Public Policy Manager – Tax, will be based at Amazon’s headquarters in Seattle, and will be an integral part of the International Public Policy Central Strategy & Operations Team, focused on our international markets (Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific).
The Senior Manager will help formulate and implement our engagement strategy with government and governmental organisations on issues relating to indirect and corporate taxation, as well as work with industry organisations and broader stakeholder groups.
The Senior Manager will work in full partnership with Amazon’s central tax, legal, PR teams, and business units, and also with international in-country public policy colleagues.
You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the international tax policy and regulatory environment, and working with colleagues to address issues and determine constructive external engagement.
The Senior Manager will be in a position to travel internationally in line with business need.
· Strong knowledge of, and background in, advocacy and public policy development, particularly as it pertains to taxation in Europe and/or the Asia-Pacific region.
· Knowledge of global frameworks and institutions related to direct and/or indirect taxation.
· Highly effective oral and interpersonal communication skills; and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and comfortably at the highest corporate and political levels. Proven ability to convey complex arguments in writing is a must.
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English. Further European or Asian languages a plus.
· 15 years of experience in government or corporate public policy – preferably in the ICT industry.
· Track record of highest levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
· Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and culture, as well as working independently.
· Ability to identify business relevance and implications of legislative and regulatory proposals, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external clients.
· Bachelor’s degree , preferably in a relevant discipline (Tax, Accounting, Political Science, Public Policy).
· A first rate team player
· Advanced degree in a relevant field , e.g.Tax, Law, Public Policy
· Fluency in a second language, particularly French, German, Spanish, or Arabic.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-25