Senior Manager, Transportation Policy
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Transportation Public Policy, to enhance Amazon’s advocacy on transportation sustainability issues, as well as on the safe transportation of consumer goods for which transportation is regulated.
This position will report to the Director, Transportation Public Policy, and is based in Washington, DC.
This position will support the development and execution of Amazon’s public policy and advocacy efforts on transportation sustainability for all modes of transport in support of Amazon’s Climate Pledge and Shipment Zero. This person will also be responsible for executing on Amazon’s engagement on the transportation of goods regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration and the Pipelines and Hazardous Material Safety Administration.
In doing so, the Senior Manager will work in close coordination with others on the public policy team to engage with policymakers, regulators, and relevant industry organizations to advance Amazon’s policy priorities in these areas. The position will also work collaboratively with business units, legal, and PR to ensure alignment on the advocacy agenda and priorities for Amazon’s engagement.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 8-10 years of relevant policy experience with transportation and/or sustainability issues.
· Experience working with relevant government and regulatory bodies.
· · Experience with policies affecting alternative fuel, low emission, and zero emission vehicles and modes of transport.
· Experience managing multiple policy issues, states, and consultants.
· Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
· High personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity. People in your industry regard you with the strongest professional reputation.
· A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-15