Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Senior Marketing and Communications Coordinator supports AMIA’s member communication and marketing efforts including developing and editing written membership-related materials, marketing events, managing and growing AMIA’s marketing channels, including but not limited to email, newsletters, social media, and PR. As a key member of the Marketing and Communications Department, this position will work closely with staff to ensure a consistent message and an integrated communications effort. The Senior Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating project management activities in support of AMIA’s key drivers, including corporate and member programs and services, educational offerings, and policy. Responsibilities include working with members, prospective members, the media, and relevant organizations to reinforce AMIA’s messages consistently and to continue to build brand identity for the organization and its programs.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and savvy communications professional to build upon their marketing skills and expand AMIA’s brand to advance the organization’s strategic priorities and better serve our members. The position requires strong project management skills and writing skills for all forms of communication (web, email, social media, press releases, and more). This position is responsible for managing multiple timelines for projects through production process, setting reasonable deadlines to ensure on-time delivery, and collaborating with other staff on project deadlines.
In addition to managing day-to-day activities, this role supports objectives and tactics directly related to deliverables and metrics outlined in the organization’s greater strategic plan.
This position reports to the Marketing and Communications Director.
- Write and copyedit digital communications, including eNews, emails, web copy, and social media.
- Oversee email marketing system (HubSpot) and email traffic calendar.
- Develop and update marketing communication editorial calendars as a whole and based on channel.
- Support programmatic communications and marketing in collaboration with team members.
- Maintain and increase member service standards by responding to inquiries, requests, and comments from members, prospective members, and others.
- Collaborate with business owners and SMEs to create a wide variety of copy and design for fliers, social media campaigns, marketing emails, outreach materials, and event collateral.
- Ensure brand consistency with design, functionality, and messaging across promotions.
- Coordinate with staff to support, maintain, and increase AMIA’s social media strategies.
- Report performance measures and benchmarks to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Field press inquiries, support PR distribution efforts, and manage reporting for PR efforts through Muck Rack.
- Daily management of AMIA’s social media accounts and coordination with AMIA’s communications firm on social media efforts/campaigns.
- Seek out and implement use of best practices into marketing and communication process.
- Support promotional tactical plans through staff collaboration and self-initiative.
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects, working collaboratively with other staff and departments to accomplish successful results on deadline and on budget. This position will work on multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- Actively learn and master skills necessary for use our email marketing system (HubSpot).
- Strong knowledge of social media and social media campaigns.
- Ability to support LinkedIn and Google ads.
- Creative self-starter who takes initiative and can work independently, but also to work effectively as a team member; ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem solve, and exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of membership and marketing strategies for small nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to work efficiently, with flexibility, creativity, initiative, positive energy, and a good sense of humor.
Include the ability to:
- Work effectively in a member-focused, team-oriented environment.
- Plan and manage deliverables and costs.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Re-prioritize assignments, change directions, and deliver results.
- Build, motivate, and maintain an effective project team to accomplish project goals.
- Coordinate with internal staff and outside vendors.
- Exhibit good judgment and make sound, ethical decisions.
- Collaborate, cooperate, and be flexible.
- Think strategically and act tactically and proactively.
- Accept responsibility, criticism, and correct problem situations.
- Exhibit a commitment to excellence in member service and to the goals and values of AMIA.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree; a degree in one or more relevant fields, including journalism, English, marketing, communications/public relations, is preferred.
- Knowledge – Understanding of association/nonprofit marketing and communication functions a plus.
- Work experience – Three-plus years of communications experience with strong background in writing, marketing, social media, and project management.
- Technical Skills – Social media and e-communication tools (use of email service providers), strong MS office skills, editing web sites in a CMS environment and experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus, and Muck Rack (or other PR software) a plus
To be considered, candidates must respond with a resume and salary expectation to HR@amia.org. Please insert the job title in the subject line.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.
Job posted: 2023-09-14