Senior Marketing Manager
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America’s largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, etc. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The National Wildlife Federation believes that in order to save wildlife and ourselves, we need to ensure that all Americans have access to clean air and water, safe communities, easy and equitable access to nature, and protection from the ravages of climate change. These basic needs, equally necessary and urgent for all people, are foundational to bringing the conservation movement and ethos into the 21st century.
To meet our needs we are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to play a critical role in building the National Wildlife Federation brand by designing and executing on marketing strategies that attract new, younger, diverse audiences, deepen consumer engagement and loyalty, and increase membership, licensees, donors and sponsorships.
Reporting into the AVP of Marketing, you will be charged with delivering strategic, high impact marketing plans and campaigns – inclusive of paid media, social media, email and digital marketing – that connect people to our mission and lead to transformational growth for the Brand. Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of performance marketing, brand marketing, messaging, and audience strategies throughout the funnel.
In this role you will:
- Design and execute marketing campaigns that elevate brand awareness and drive revenue for ecommerce, licensing, sponsorships and membership.
- Create integrated offline and digital acquisition campaigns to drive consumer and member growth across direct to consumer and offline marketing channels.
- Launch both large-scale, integrated campaigns and smaller, one-off campaigns to support business goals. Create holistic campaign experiences across all customer touchpoints.
- Manage the production of all assets needed to run successful offline and digital campaigns.
- Track, analyze and report out campaign performance to AVP, Marketing and key stakeholders, communicating actionable insights and data-driven strategies.
- Drive innovation & Growth as a thought leader for the business
- Drive customer acquisition and retention with a continuous and relentless focus on high quality and efficient campaigns through the most productive channels
- Stay hungry/curious – constantly bringing new insights, ideas and opportunities to the Brand
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing
- 5+ years of marketing experience, including significant experience in digital marketing
- Exceptional analytical skills and data-driven mindset, with strong knowledge of data tools and ability to leverage data and research to drive decisions
- Proven success in developing world-class campaigns across a range of media
- Experience overseeing internal and external creative and media buying teams and agencies
- Strong customer focus with the ability to understand the unique customer journey to drive demand and grow revenue
- Experience building your own roadmap based on consumer insights
- Fluency in product innovation and customization
- Demonstrated passion for working on a brand that moves fast and shapes culture
- Significant success in driving customer acquisition and retention using data and research to test, compare and measure campaign results, and ultimately drive down cost of acquisition
- A self-starter who can work independently as well as collaboratively with teams across the organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit towards problem-solving and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to embrace a fast-paced, ever-evolving work environment
- Experience with presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote, Google)
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized;
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions;
- Being committed to deepening an environmental justice approach in policy priorities, program development and partner engagement;
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them;
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF’s mission
Compensation and Benefits:
This position pays $75,000 – $85,000 (commensurate with experience and skill set).
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits in 2021! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we conduct our hiring process virtually via phone or video until further notice. We are currently starting our positions as remote, but will transition to onsite work when our offices re-open, expected to be in early 2022. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit both a cover letter and resume.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-16