Senior Online Advocacy Manager
PRIMARY PURPOSE: As an experienced digital campaigner, the senior online advocacy manager will be a key digital strategist for the communications team, responsible for developing and executing all online advocacy campaigns on behalf of NPCA’s strategic priorities and programmatic work.
The senior manager should have substantial experience writing and configuring email alerts that mobilize and inspire supporters to take action. The senior manager must excel at working independently and on tight deadlines. They will proactively identify advocacy opportunities, project-manage and work closely with colleagues (some remote) in fast-paced work environment. Previous experience in digital communications, including online advocacy or campaigning required. Comfort in cross-media campaigning (ie campaigns that utilize a variety of digital media and platforms) strongly preferred. Familiarity with Blackbaud Luminate Online and Phone2Action desired but not required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (% of Time):
- Lead NPCA’s efforts in identifying opportunities for digital engagement with national and regional programs and campaigns. Work with internal stakeholders to develop campaign plans and tactics. (30%)
- Develop, write, code, QA, and launch email and SMS advocacy alerts for campaigns and emerging opportunities. (20%)
- Along with the Communications and Membership teams, develop and implement activities to recruit and retain new advocates. (15%)
- Represent the digital communications team in internal meetings to bring strategic and tactical suggestions to NPCA’s national campaigns. (15%)
- Maintain NPCA’s email and SMS advocacy lists, ensuring overall health of all segments. Collaborate with stakeholders in management of email calendar. (10%)
- Analyze and report on efficacy of online advocacy campaigns. (10%)
Minimum Work Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday (37.5 hour workweek)
Minimum Scope of Position: Involves substantial interaction with NPCA’s members and supporters, independent work and research, and collaboration with internal teams; must be able to translate organizational goals and priorities into effective, professional communication.
Minimum Qualification, Competencies, Skills, Education, and Traits:
- 5-6 years of experience in online communications or related field, with at least 1 year of experience in advocacy or campaigning
- Familiarity with eCRM systems required; Blackbaud Luminate and Phone2Action preferred
- Knowledge of best practices for email engagement; HTML required
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and perform well in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrate an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences
Core Values: Live, honor, and own NPCA’s Core Values:
Commitment: We are passionate about NPCA and dedicated to achieving excellence through our work and mission.
Inclusion: We value diversity of thought, background, experience and opinion.
Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to each other, our members and partners, and our mission.
Respect: We collaborate in results-oriented teams based on trust and consideration for each other.
Physical Effort and Dexterity: Extended periods of time sitting and typing.
Physical Environment: General office setting
Employer’s Rights: NPCA reserves the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description is not a contract for employment. Incumbent will be evaluated in part based upon the performance of the tasks listed in this position description.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-19