Senior PAC Specialist
The American Society of Anesthesiologists® (ASA) is a medical association which serves a growing membership of more than 52,000 physician anesthesiologists, medical students and care team members. At ASA, we strive to be the best medical society in the world by offering superior educational opportunities and resources. Colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of our members and strive to implement and enhance policies that benefit physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. At ASA we’re collaborative, dedicated to our members, committed to excellence and continuously improving. As a testament to these values we were named one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® and a winner of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® in 2018 and 2017. To further strengthen the organization, we’re seeking individuals who are talented, knowledgeable, motivated and agile. If these qualities resonate with you, you may be the perfect addition to our growing staff!
The Senior PAC Specialist will oversee all aspects of the ASAPAC including managing the day-to-day functions of ASAPAC and its related political activities in advancing the ASA political agenda to support the election and reelection of selected candidates to the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate and, where appropriate, elected state offices. Manages ASAPAC disbursement to lobbyists and ASA key contacts. Works collaboratively with the ASA staff and appropriate committees to promote teamwork through leadership and advance the advocacy objectives of the Society.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Manage all ASAPAC solicitation efforts, and all solicitation outreach with ASA committees and other member groups.
- Overall responsibility of ASAPAC database, DDC, including maintaining member data continuity in DDC for state components, committees, resident programs, anesthesia groups and donor levels. Maintain ASAPAC disbursement compliance information in DDC and provide analysis of ASAPAC contributions and disbursement data.
- Organize and prepare complex documents requiring the integration of multiple office technology and software applications including Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and DDC database system.
- Manage ASAPAC disbursements to lobbyists and ASA key contacts; coordinating attendance at DC and local political events.
- Provide a high level of support to CAPO, Director and lobbying team on assigned political projects.
- Develop and manage political events in collaboration with the lobbying team.
- Monitor Congressional, Senate, and relevant state candidates and campaigns.
- Administer operations of ASAPAC Executive Board, including but not limited to agenda preparation, correspondence, meeting minutes, and monthly reports. Manage ASAPAC Representative and ASAPAC Resident Representative Programs and ensure appropriate participation.
- Expand Member Engagement in political process by creating and disseminating ASAPAC e-mail solicitation campaigns through DDC in coordination with ASAPAC, PAC Board Members and Representatives; working with state societies to further develop PAC efforts, and overall effectiveness; developing materials and toolkits in order to educate members as well as state and sub-specialty society leadership regarding ASAPAC efforts; and managing the ASAPAC Travel Kit Program and distributing ASAPAC materials to members.
- Responsible for ASAPAC Operating Budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or other relevant field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working on Capitol Hill, on state or federal campaigns or in other position involving political affairs.
- Knowledge of the Federal Election Commission regulations, legislative process, grass roots political action, fundraising, PAC, or campaign committee operations.
Job posted: 2018-12-26