Senior Policy Advisor (Government Affairs & Policy)
Department: Policy and Government Affairs
Salary Grade: 14
Employee Referral Bonus Amount: $800.00
You will provide leadership and regulatory advocacy in promoting ANA’s policies through, direct contact with the Administration and relevant federal agencies, the development of actionable comment letters, and the development of deliverables to assist ANA members in understanding federal rules and regulations.
What you’ll do
- Analyzes proposed and final Federal agency rules and regulations (published in the Federal Register) that impact health care and the nursing profession. Assumes accountability for dissemination of information on proposed comment opportunities to ANA stakeholders (internal and external). Coordination on regulatory comment letters developed for submission by ANA and assumes accountability for planning, direction, management and analysis of related activities.
- Works collaboratively to update and develop policy and position statements, and legislative and regulatory briefings, on nursing practice, healthcare issues and related topics.
- Analyzes legislation at the federal and state level for its impact on RNs/APRNS. Analyst expected to have knowledge of reimbursement systems and impact on payment policy and coverage of specific populations.
- Develops materials associated with final regulations to assist ANA members and the nursing community at large in implementing these changes.
- Identifies significant nomination opportunities published in the Federal Register.
What you bring to the ANA
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preference for RN, APRN, or Master’s degree.
- Eight or more years of demonstrated, high-level analysis, research, in health care coverage and reimbursement for private and public payers. Consideration will be given in terms of years of work for candidate with advanced degree.
- Membership association experience is high desirable.
- Prior work with nurses and/or healthcare provider issues strongly preferred. Experience, knowledge, and impact in the areas of healthcare transformation models, scope of practice issues, and regulatory advocacy strongly preferred.
· Ability to rapidly analyze and explain complex nursing, and healthcare, and legal concepts in a clear and concise manner. Must be able to formulate, evaluate and explain related policies.
· Experience meeting with agency and congressional staff, communicating positions and supporting data to influence regulatory and legislative changes.
· Evidence of representing organization at state or national level meetings, effectively communicating positions and overcoming barriers.
What the ANA Brings to You
· Join us and become a “Nurse Advocate” for the more than 4 million Registered Nurses in the United States
· Every role within the ANA contributes to a healthier world through the “Power of Nursing”
· An organization that acts with integrity, respect, transparency and humility
· We embrace and empower the uniqueness of every employee; Bring your whole-self to work
· Continuously innovating through creative and strategic initiatives
· Excellent Benefits exceptional retirement contributions including 401K Match (up to 7%), Paid Time Off between Dec 25th and Jan 1st in addition to regular PTO
· Opportunities for career advancement throughout the ANA Enterprise
About The American Nurses Association (ANA)
Founded in 1896, The ANA Enterprise is the family of non-profit companies that comprise the American Nurses Association: the American Nurses Association (ANA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Nurses Foundation. The ANA Enterprise leverages the combined strength of each to drive excellence in practice and ensure nurses’ voices and vision are recognized by policy leaders, industry influencers, and employers. From professional development and advocacy to credentialing and grants, the ANA Enterprise is the leading resource for nurses to equip themselves with the tools, information, and network they need to excel in their individual practices. In helping individual nurses succeed — across all practices and specialties, and at each stage of their careers — the ANA Enterprise is lighting the way for the entire profession to succeed.
*The above job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position nor a listing of the characteristics of the individual performing the job.
The ANA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-12