Senior Policy Analyst
SAIC is looking for a Policy and Governance Analyst to support a dynamic program in Arlington, VA. The Policy and Governance Analyst supports the Joint Staff (JS) Chief Information Officer (CIO) in aligning the JS Information Technology (IT) policy and IT governance with ongoing Federal and Department of Defense (DoD)-wide transformation efforts. Coordinates Joint Staff collaboration activities, actions and tasks with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Service Provider (JSP), military services, combatant commands and agencies on IT related policy issues.
This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance.
Primary Job Duties:
Coordinate between the JS and DoD Governance Board Secretariats, Pentagon Governance Council IT boards and working groups, and other existing groups and newly established boards, councils, groups, offices, organizations, and activities as required.
Collect, assess, analyze, and report on policies, issues, and initiatives affecting the Joint Staff.
Assist in the development of the Joint Staff position on governance board issues.
Develop and manage information requirements for the Federal Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and coordinate Joint Staff reporting, to include in the DoD’s Data Center Inventory Management (DCIM) system.
Provide analysis and support to various initiatives directed by Joint Staff leadership to operate the business processes of the staff more effectively and efficiently.
Provide support throughout the IT governance, management, and execution layers to include developing Joint Staff CIO policy and guidance based on law, Federal regulations, DoD CIO policy or any other relevant policies and guidance.
Collaborate on IT related policy issues, recommend, and develop policy implementation plans/strategies to affect IT transformation.
Provide analysis and support to various initiatives directed by JS leadership to operate the business processes of the staff more effectively and efficiently.
- Examine institutional policy and governance initiatives to determine how these may allow the CIO and other organizations to implement these initiatives, and otherwise function more efficiently within and across DOD business processes.
Recommend alternatives and identify emerging technologies, with knowledge of IT successes of other DoD communities of practice.
- Provide recommendations on processes and best practices for delivery of technology solutions to the Joint Staff while aligning efforts to DoD Enterprise.
Analyze new and existing IT requirements for the validation to the IT Executive Committee (ITEXCOM), the CIO and other Executive Boards to ensure requirements align with policies, strategies, missions and goals
- Bachelors degree and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters degree and four (4) years or more of related experience ; PhD and zero (0) years of related experience
- Technical IT/SW background – with the ability to understand IT management processes.
- Ability to analyze operational activities of functional system to obtain qualitative or quantitative bases for decision-making, policies, or other JS purposes
- Ability to identify emerging technologies and IT successes of other DoD communities of practice
- Ability to perform assignments involving analysis, preliminary production, planning, requirements definition, traceability, and evaluation of one or more alternative technical approaches and associated costs for creating or upgrading performance of a system or activity.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner’s ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-18