Senior Policy Analyst
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world’s human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
Please note: If our mission doesn’t strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
The heart of the job:
The Senior Policy Analyst plays a pivotal role in our rapid expansion to communities serving people in need across the US. We’re working on exciting and innovative projects and we need somebody to provide healthcare policy research support and represent Aunt Bertha on national committees working to create industry data standards. Our customers are innovative organizations across many sectors, including healthcare, government, education, local and national nonprofits, and private consultancies. The ideal person for this job is somebody who knows the world of healthcare and health IT, works to proactively stay abreast of changing policy and standards, and can maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. And you’ve got to be passionate about the world of social care.
- Keep Aunt Bertha policy-nimble. You stay on top of and anticipate how healthcare policy changes might have an impact on our business. You track and document current social care standard initiatives.
- Drive direction for social care data standards. As a senior analyst, you sit on standards committees and provide insight and strategic direction on how Aunt Bertha should participate in setting industry data standards.
- Provide our teams and our customers with powerful knowledge. You write up your research and educate.
- Make healthcare policy understandable. You know the world of healthcare policy and can translate complex policy jargon into easier-to-understand concepts.
- Connect research to our data. You analyze our internal data and public data sources, making thoughtful and innovative connections between that work and the policy research you do.
1. Manage current data standardization initiatives and drive direction:
- Identify and keep track of committees, projects, and initiatives focused on social care data standardization;
- Consistently document these initiatives and projects and keep information organized;
- Represent Aunt Bertha on these committees and initiatives and bring feedback and learnings back to leadership and other teams;
- Work with Aunt Bertha leadership to drive strategy around this work;
- Effectively synthesize and communicate learnings to other parts of the business, including customer-facing and Product teams, and act as a subject matter expert within the company.
- Create internal education materials and external-facing collateral on the topic, such as blog posts and white papers.
2. Be the Subject Matter Expert of federal and state healthcare policy:
- Stay on top of important federal and state policies (e.g., waivers, grants) impacting our product and industry;
- Identify, summarize, and analyze significant and complex issues raised by legislative and executive activity;
- Prepare high-quality internal and external-facing written material, including reports, literature reviews, white papers, blog posts, and data visualizations;
- Provide regular updates to the appropriate internal teams around policy changes that might impact their work.
We Want Someone Who (Qualifications):
We are looking for someone with an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Public Policy, Public Affairs, Health Administration, or other related area, 8+ years experience in healthcare or health IT industry, and 4+ years experience with policy work.
You are someone who:
- Knows how to dig in. You know how to go deep on research projects and are a proactive learner.
- Is confident working with a diverse set of stakeholders. You are comfortable talking to internal leadership, customers, vendors, and industry experts.
- Has superior communication & policy translation skills (presentation, written, and verbal) and demonstrated ability to communicate/present effectively at all levels of the organization, including the C-suite. You can turn your in-depth policy research into something relatable and you’re comfortable tailoring your communication to your audience.
- Works with minimal direction to achieve goals. You’re a proactive self-starter.
- Can manage a broad scope of work expertly. You’ll have a number of plates in the air in this role and you can ensure none of those plates will drop.
- Is detail-oriented. This position requires strong analytical, communication, planning and project management skills.
- Takes charge to figure things out when there is ambiguity. You’re not afraid of researching things you don’t know about. This assures you punch above your weight class — ability may be far greater than experience.
- Can handle change. As a fast-growing company, change is a constant and you’re comfortable with that.
- Is in it for the Mission. You believe that no task is too small in the service of our mission.
When submitting your application, please include a cover letter letting us know why Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.
Job posted: 2021-01-12