Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Policy Analyst
ABOUT ZERO TO THREE
Founded in 1977, ZERO TO THREE works to ensure that babies and toddlers benefit from the early connections that are critical to their well-being and development. Our mission is to ensure that all babies and toddlers have a strong start in life. At ZERO TO THREE, we envision a society with the knowledge and will to support all infants and toddlers in reaching their full potential. Our Core Values Statement: We believe that how we do our work is as important as what we do. To learn more about ZERO TO THREE, please visit our website at zerotothree.org.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
ZERO TO THREE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring, advancement, and professional development. It is dedicated to diversity in its work, its staff, and with community partners. This is an exceptional opportunity for a professional who shares our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and supports our mission to enhance outcomes for all children.
The Senior Policy Analyst will support the Director, Policy and Financing in providing policy research, fiscal analysis, sustainability planning to the Infant Toddler Court Team Program (ITCP). The position will be part of the National Resource Center for the Infant-Toddler Court Program, which is operated by ZERO TO THREE.
- Conduct research and provide written analysis on federal and state policy trends impacting infants, toddlers, and families in or at risk of entering the child welfare system, including upstream prevention and family strengthening efforts.
- Identify best practice policies for supporting families in or at risk of entering the child welfare system, including continuing to develop our internal policy bank of examples that can be used to support ongoing advocacy and policy work in states and communities.
- Analyze and interpret federal/state data to inform policy briefs, presentations and other communications.
- Lead the development of policy briefs and other policy related sources that can be disseminated broadly to Infant Toddler Court (ITC) sites and states.
- Conduct webinars, lead trainings on issues related to policy and/or funding to support infants and toddlers in the child welfare system.
- Collaborate with other members of the National ITCP to develop insights and better understanding the context of the sites/states where we are working to inform policy and advocacy efforts.
- Collaborate with other staff of Zero To Three, including staff from our state policy and federal policy teams to inform the development of resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Infant Toddler Court Program.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of experience related to public policy research and analysis.
- Experience conducting policy research for use by decision-makers in state, local and federal government or the non-profit sector.
- Experience writing policy briefs, white papers or other types of reports for publication, including policymakers as well as practitioners in health and human services.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to state/local governments and/or non-profit organizations, including making presentations and facilitating meetings.
- Knowledge of health and human services (either from policy research and/or practice) such as child and prevention and basic needs (e.g., housing, food assistance).
- Knowledge of and experience with federal, state and/or local funding for human services, including child welfare, early childhood development and education, health, mental health, substance use treatment and prevention and basic needs; and how funding streams can be blended or braided to support integrated services.
- Encourages and practices critical thinking
- Is self-reflective and empathic
- Recognizes the influence of workplace relationships on outcomes and results
- Maintains a respectful and accepting approach to others
- Awareness of the influence of the larger context on individual behavior
- Collaboratively and creatively supports the work efforts of colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the organization
- Analytical thinker; able to balance through research, analysis and writing with time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong writer; able to convey information clearly to a wide range of audiences
- Self-starter who exercise good judgement
- Commitment to social justice & racial equity: recognizes role of race, gender, and other identities in shaping health disparities, is driven to improve conditions, and proactively learns re: race, equity, and identity
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Public Policy, Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Public Health or related field strongly preferred.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is frequently required to use finger dexterity as well as sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. Also, they may need to remain seated for extended periods of time and have the ability to perform repetitive motions. The employee may be required to hold a writing instrument, communicate verbally, and hear well enough to detect nuances and receive detailed information. They may be required to grasp, push and pull objects, bend, stand, squat, reach, walk, or kneel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data preparation or analysis, and expansive reading.
The work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. Depending on the work location, the incumbent will typically work indoors in a heated and air-conditioned office, with a mixture of natural, incandescent, and fluorescent light with low to moderate noise levels or be subject to working conditions conducive to a home office. When travel is expected, the incumbent will be exposed to outside environmental conditions during those times.
ZERO TO THREE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or national origin.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-14