Senior Policy Analyst, Behavioral Health, Health Program
The Bipartisan Policy Center is a Washington, DC-based think tank that actively fosters bipartisanship by combining the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both sides of the political spectrum. BPC prioritizes one thing above all else: getting things done.
BPC is currently seeking a Senior Policy Analyst to support activities for BPC’s behavioral health projects. This includes serving as a policy lead to BPC’s new Opioid Epidemic Task Force as well as follow-on activities related to BPC’s Behavioral Health Integration Task Force.
BPC’s Health Program is committed to developing bipartisan policy recommendations that will improve health & reduce preventable health care costs. The Program brings together political leaders and experts to produce reports and policy recommendations and works with stakeholders from other organizations to advance our policy objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position of Senior Policy Analyst at BPC is a versatile one, involving a variety of tasks, often simultaneously. The analyst will be expected to learn about new and evolving policy issues and will interact with policy experts and political leaders. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting research on new or existing legislation, regulations, policies, and practices;
- Drafting and editing reports, policy briefs, blog posts, fact sheets, and op-eds;
- Engaging with stakeholders, BPC senior fellows, consultants and project principals;
- Supporting outreach and communications activities including briefings for policy makers;
- Working with the project director and the development department to draft grant proposals, grant report, and support other donor management needs.
Additional responsibilities for Senior Policy Analyst include:
- Planning and executing project meetings and roundtables;
- Oversight of specific policy workstreams including developing work plans, managing key principals, proactive stakeholder outreach, and developing written materials;
- Participation in public communication including podcasts, Facebook Live events, and external presentations; and
- Overseeing the work of junior staff and managing project interns.
- Experience conducting policy research related to federal public health legislation, regulations, policies, and practices required;
- Familiarity with SAMHSA programs and the behavioral health system required;
- Familiarity with Medicare, Medicaid, and/or private insurance a plus;
- Previous grant-writing experience a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, particularly in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on numerous projects, large and small, in both collaborative and independent situations, and sometimes on short timelines;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Relevant degree in public health, health policy, public policy, or similar;
- For Senior Policy Analyst: bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience OR relevant advanced degree and 3+ years of relevant experience
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and three references. Please submit materials as one file. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. BPC does not sponsor employment visas.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
This position has a range of 75k-90k.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-23