Senior Policy Analyst and Economist, Asia
Job Summary: The Senior Policy Analyst and Economist, Asia develops policy papers, opinion pieces and reports by conducting independent research on an agreed upon research agenda, authoring written products, specifically on Asia or China related public policy issues. Takes initiative to explore new areas, products and contacts within the assigned portfolio. The portfolio encompasses issue areas related to the economies of Asia, particularly China’s, and American policy regarding them. Participates in, and leads teams in, cross-departmental research areas, to include international trade, climate change policy, export-controls, and regulation of inbound investment. Conducts public programs, and maintains a network of contacts in assigned research areas.
- Conduct policy analysis and scholarly research on Asia or China related policy issues.
- Research and write high quality reports, opinion pieces, books and book chapters.
- Testify before Congress
- Organize events and meetings.
- Available to the media, participates in media events.
- Speaks at major public functions and conferences, both in the US and abroad.
- Participates in the public policy community.
Education: M.A. or acquisition of equivalent level of technical and research skills in either economics or international political economy
Experience: 5 – 8 years of experience in public policy research; strong body of public policy publications
Communication: Good public speaker and thoroughly competent writer
Achievement: Significant contributions to the public policy debate
Technology: MS Office and Outlook
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, True North conservative principles, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge level: well respected in assigned field.
- Leadership skills: works well in a team and shows potential to lead others.
- Familiarity with written simplified Chinese a plus, but not required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-10