Senior Policy Analyst, Government Affairs & Public Policy, Google Cloud Security
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience working on technology policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
- Experience with analyzing and assessing complex security issues.
- Experience with project management, including complex projects related to legislation and regulation.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously.
- Ability to lead and evaluate issues independently in a fast-paced and international environment.
- Excellent personal, political, analytical and communication skills and high attention to detail.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
In this role, you will help analyze, support, and drive Google Cloud’s public policy efforts relating to cybersecurity and other related security issues. You will coordinate with the global Policy team, the Google Cloud business and product organizations, and key cross-functional partners in Marketing, Legal and PR to execute our policy strategy, develop our external narrative around key policy challenges, and advise product teams through the public policy lens. You’ll develop, organize, manage, and communicate critical plans, initiatives, and strategy, while tracking various regulatory proposals and analyzing their potential impact on Google Cloud’s business.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Work collaboratively with Google Cloud security stakeholders to enhance internal and external stakeholders’ understanding of Google Cloud’s policy approach to security.
- Work collaboratively with Google Cloud Security, Government Affairs and Public Policy, and other Google stakeholders to develop public policy positions relating to cloud security that align with Google Cloud’s business.
- Engage with stakeholders to identify key areas of cloud security policy focus. Provide public policy positions, insights, and written materials relating to those identified areas, related business initiatives, and government regulatory activity.
- Serve as a go to resource for tracking, analyzing and assessing legislative, regulatory, and other cloud security policy developments, with a focus on security policy issues impacting Google Cloud’s business.
- Manage projects across a wide range of security priorities for the policy team, including complex and cross-functional work on cloud security matters.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-01