Senior Policy Analyst, Government Relations
Vanguard’s Government Relations team advocates for public policy that supports Vanguard’s core purpose to take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. The Senior Policy Analyst will serve as the central point of contact for our comment letter process in the US and coordinate impact analysis of potential policy and regulatory actions across the globe. You will have the opportunity to join a new team built to improve the impact of our global advocacy efforts. Are you ready to make a difference?In this role you will:
- Lead the comment letter process by engaging subject matter experts to establish a working team, approach, and communication plan.
- Work with primary trade association partners to understand their approach and position on areas of focus.
- Partner with subject matter experts across Vanguard to assess impacts of potential policy and regulatory actions (e.g., proposed Fund of Funds rule).
- Develop content and collateral for meetings with policymakers.
WHAT IT TAKES
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Five+ years of meaningful business experience with a registered investment adviser, registered investment company, broker/dealer, or mutual fund or experience in public policy or government relations including with a government agency.
- Deep understanding and experience with SEC preferred.
- Positive relationship management skills, including ability to get along with individuals at various levels internal and external to the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Shown project management skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
INCLUSION AT VANGUARD
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Job posted: 2019-07-03