Senior Policy Analyst, Health Policy
The Bipartisan Policy Center is a Washington, DC-based think tank that actively fosters bipartisanship by combining the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both sides of the political spectrum. BPC prioritizes one thing above all else: getting things done.
BPC is currently seeking a senior policy analyst to specialize in health policy research, writing and health policy development. Responsibilities include a variety of tasks in an often fast-paced environment, which requires teamwork and a willingness to collaborate with co-workers in the full range of project activities. The successful candidate will be expected to learn quickly on the job and will have the opportunity to interact and engage with experienced health policy leaders. As part of a growing think tank, the senior policy analyst will also be challenged to think creatively about non-policy issues such as project direction, strategy, and bipartisanship.
- Research and analyze federal and state health law, regulation, and policy in a wide range of health care areas, including private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, behavioral health, chronic care, rural health, and delivery system reform;
- Write and edit a variety of documents ranging from detailed reports and policy briefs to memoranda, blog posts, and op-eds;
- Track and analyze relevant government and policy documents, including legislation, regulations, other agency guidance, and academic and policy research to inform policymaking;
- Participate as part of a team to develop policy options, identify and conduct outreach to health policy stakeholders including states, health care providers, health insurers, consumer organizations, academic researchers and other health policy experts; and
- Brief and provide technical assistance to external stakeholders, including congressional and agency staff in partnership with the Bipartisan Policy Center Action (BPC Action), as well as internal and other external audiences.
- At least 5 years of experience in health policy, with specific knowledge of Medicare policy;
- Familiarity with congressional and regulatory processes, the federal budget process, and congressional agencies such as CBO, GAO, and MedPAC, and the ability to find and analyze congressional and federal agency documents;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Ability to multi-task, work as part of a team, and produce documents quickly and efficiently;
- Advanced degree preferred, including a JD or Master’s degree in health policy, public policy, health administration, public health, economic policy or related field;
- Quantitative background a plus, including experience with the data analysis programs (SPSS, SAS, etc.), a basic understanding of statistics, and experience using spreadsheets (such as Microsoft Excel).
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references. Please submit materials as one file.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-12