Senior Policy Associate
Do you want to be part of the solar revolution that is transforming the energy landscape? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? Does working for a young, fast paced, growing company that is leading the way into new markets sound exciting to you? Come join us as we take on new challenges and help build a better tomorrow. Our mission is clear: to reshape the energy landscape, delivering value to our clients and partners while benefiting our communities and society at large. Let’s make a difference together. Join our team.
Nexamp is seeking a Senior Policy Associate to join our Policy team and support ongoing policy and regulatory affairs efforts in the Midwest and to help us expand our policy efforts into new markets. The Senior Policy Associate will be responsible for research, tracking, and managing a portfolio of policy issues impacting solar and storage development efforts at the state, regional, and federal levels. If you are a driven, and enthusiastic policy professional we want you to join our dynamic team.
- Monitor and track state, regional, and federal legislative and regulatory policy developments impacting solar/storage development in Nexamp’s key Midwest markets and in potential new markets
- Analyze policy and regulatory trends that could positively or negatively impact Nexamp operations and communicate relevance to key business leaders and key business teams
- Advocate for policies favorable to Nexamp-specifically, and solar industry more broadly before state, regional, and federal policymakers and other stakeholders
- Represent company before industry associations, government officials, and other external engagements
- Participate in trade association meetings; network with industry colleagues
- Work independently and as part of a team to develop policy positions, implement policy strategy, and identify new business opportunities.
- Commitment to Nexamp’s mission and a passion for solving tomorrow’s climate crisis today
- Bachelor’s or relevant degree required
- Three to five years of public policy experience at either state or federal level; advanced preferred
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and analytical skills
- Comfortable learning quickly
- Demonstrated ability to balancing competing priorities and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of issues impacting solar and storage industries preferred
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers. This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Open Paid Time Off and Company Holidays; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a Fun, Collaborative, Downtown Office Environment! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-07