Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Policy Manager
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and community development financial institution (CDFI), catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has partnered with over 4,800 practices in nearly 40 states and has leveraged more than $1.3 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC seeks a full time Senior Policy Manager to be a core member of PCDC’s Strategy and Public Affairs unit. Reporting to Director of Policy, the Senior Policy Manager works closely with the Director of Policy to develop and execute PCDC’s policy initiatives at federal, state and local levels, with a particular focus on PCDC’s New York State portfolio. The Senior Manager oversees day to day management of PCDC’s policy priorities in New York State, which includes building relationships with stakeholders and managing legislative and executive advocacy strategies aimed at advancing policies that strengthen and support primary care and increase health equity. The Senior Manager also supports the Director of Policy and other senior leadership in strategic decision-making to elevate PCDC’s voice with decision-makers and other advocates in federal, state and local health policy spaces.
This is a full-time position that can be predominantly remote, but will require regular participation in in-office meetings and staff retreats. Occasional travel will also be required. Candidates must be based in tri-state area, with proximity to either New York City or Albany a plus.
- Collaborate with PCDC teams, including Communications and Evaluation, to develop materials and strategies to educate the public on the importance and impact of primary care.
- Present at meetings and conferences, and to the Board of Directors as appropriate, on relevant topics.
- Prepare materials, including talking points, issue briefs, and other materials, for the CEO and other executive leaders as needed.
- Assist in hiring and supervising public policy and legal interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in public health or public policy preferred, but not required
- 4+ years of work experience required in the fields of public policy, advocacy, community development, financial institutions, or non-profit health care, ideally with previous advocacy experience in New York or at the federal level
- Experience with tracking and analyzing state and federal policy, regulations, and legislation; direct lobbying experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills tailored to a variety of audiences, as well as confidence in presenting to groups.
- Experience with the common tools of remote work, including video conferencing, shared document systems, and other virtual collaboration practices
- Interest in working with political processes, including working with lawmakers and building and managing coalitions
- Previous experience with the health and/or community development communities, including think tanks, academics, and policy advocates/activists, a plus
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-06-20