Senior PR Manager
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
About the Team:
Camelot’s Corporate Affairs team develops and executes consumer public relations strategies to help raise awareness of the Lottery, promote winning, and showcase the Lottery’s contributions to special causes in Illinois. Our goal is to create a personal connection with the people of Illinois and make people feel good about playing the Lottery. Working as part of a cross-functional team of marketing, social media, and digital communications professionals, the Corporate Affairs team supports the company’s overarching objective to establish the Illinois Lottery as a leading brand within the state.
Camelot Illinois is looking for an experienced consumer PR professional who is excited about leading the charge for storytelling for the Illinois Lottery. The Illinois Lottery offers fun games in a fast-paced, innovative, commercial environment to power possibilities for players and the state of Illinois. Every day we create winners, give away millions of dollars in prizes, raise money for good causes, and support K-12 education across the state of Illinois.
We’re looking for someone with a strategic vision and energy to tackle problems in a new way. We need you to make connections across the business, to intelligently devise and lead the PR strategy, and focus on execution to leverage earned media and amplify our storytelling reach.
The PR team is responsible for promoting our games, telling winners stories, highlighting the impact of the lottery on good causes, and supporting integrated cross-functional marketing/communications campaigns. As the Senior PR Manager you will help coach junior members of the team to ensure a solid PR foundation for the business, including communications planning, project execution, media pitching, measuring success, and media monitoring.
- Lead the implementation of Camelot’s consumer public relations strategy, on behalf of the Illinois Lottery.
- Support the PR team to promote Lottery winner awareness and the winner experience through personal winner and retailer stories.
- Create PR plans to showcase how the Lottery benefits Illinois communities through its contributions to education, capital projects and special causes.
- Ensure PR activity is effective through defining success metrics, and ensuring intelligent monitoring and measurement.
- Manage a forward-looking roadmap of PR activity, integrated with marketing, digital, product and retail activity.
Promote the brand
- Ensure that the Lottery’s brand values and personality are embedded within, and come to life in, all PR efforts.
- Champion cross-functional integration of brand activity to maximize impact.
- Adept at building cross-fucntional working relationships, you will work closely with our marketing, digital, and product teams to effectively leverage PR value from business initiatives
- Act as the the PR lead on key internal project teams, with a focus on supporting overarching project objectives
- Build effective working relationships with key external stakeholders to promote games, activities and Lottery events.
- Support Camelot’s positive working relationship with the Department of the Lottery.
- Manage the relationship with external agencies to ensure strategic alignment, excellence in execution, and value for money.
- You will have knowledge of the Illinois media markets and a network of media contacts, and you will continue to build relationships with key media outlets to promote the Lottery
- Proactively engage reporters in content and story ideas to secure high-impact media coverage.
- Create and oversee creation of quality news releases and story pitches, as well as other earned media communications materials.
- Serve as the on-point person for media enquiries to Camelot Illinois and Illinois Lottery.
- Act as the internal key point of contact for the PR team
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, and/or other related fields.
- 8-10 years experience as a Public Relations Director, senior manager, or similar role. Experience in implementing integrated consumer public relations strategies for an agency or business. Would love to see your creative ideas to drive consumer PR for a commercial business.
- Proven knowledge and experience working with consumer and trade media.
- Proven track record of proactively pitching and securing high-impact media coverage.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly produce compelling news releases, story pitches and persuasive written materials.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multitask in a fast-paced workplace, often on tight deadlines.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team-oriented and able to take the lead on relevant projects.
- Experience managing other team members.
- Comfortable working in a progressive, results-oriented environment.
- Experience managing an external PR agency to drive business results
- Flexible and adaptive to changing dynamics and business needs.
- Proficiency in decision-making within a complex and politically sensitive environment.
- Experience working in regulated industries.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Suite of Products.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that are committed to powering possibilities–for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination, we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of doing good, being accountable, staying connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative, and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave, and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private-sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity, and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-16