Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Privacy Advisor
- Regulatory and Compliance
- United States – Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago’s Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
Working as part of the Legal Compliance & Ethics Global Privacy Team in Dyson Legal, you will be responsible for leading on privacy compliance matters and activities across Dyson’s business and operations within the Regional Americas team. As a senior member of the team you will also have the opportunity to support on other global projects and initiatives and work collaboratively with the wider privacy team to support the delivery of these in the region.
Reporting to the Head of Privacy, you will provide prompt and professional advice to stakeholders on privacy compliance requirements to ensure that personal data is collected and used legally, ethically and responsibly.
About the Role
- As a subject matter expert, provide prompt and professional privacy compliance advice to stakeholders across all of Dyson’s business and operations, with a focus on local laws and regulations within the US and Canada along with a good level of understanding of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Knowledge or experience of Latin America privacy laws would also be advantageous.
- Act as the first point of contact for privacy-related matters escalated by stakeholders in the Americas region. This includes supporting stakeholders with the resolution of potential privacy incidents.
- Support the Global Privacy Team’s ongoing privacy compliance activities. This includes undertaking privacy assessments with stakeholders, planning and undertaking visits to Dyson Markets and offices to assess privacy compliance and delivering training.
- Proactively monitor and analyse evolving laws, rules, regulations and guidance to help Dyson to maintain compliance and strategic alignment.
- Experience in a Privacy role (at least 5 years), ideally within a global company.
- Strong knowledge of privacy and data protection laws and requirements in commercial, product development, including the ‘Internet of Things’ connected environment as well as the privacy implications of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning. This should ideally be demonstrated with an appropriate qualification (e.g. CIPM, CIPP/E or CIPP/A).
- Strong stakeholder management skills – ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders. Experience in working with multiple stakeholders regionally or globally.
- Confidence in interpreting and applying legislation, advising on compliance requirements or working with risk or governance frameworks, policies or procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
• 401K with up to a 4% match
• Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
• Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
• Generous Child Care Leave Program
• Wellness Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Generous Dyson Product Discounts
• Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
• Vision & Dental Coverage
• Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-18