Senior Programs Communications Specialist
Organizations around the world are going through rapid digital transformation. This is especially true in the US, where we see this phenomenon being accelerated by the scale and agility of the Cloud and fueled by the latest innovation in machine learning and artificial intelligence. As they progress through their transformations and examine impacts on employees, partners, customers, and society, new strategies are emerging with socio-environmental factors and sustainability at the center.
Changes and challenges like these also mean unprecedented opportunities for Microsoft. To capitalize on the opportunities in the MSUS, we need a holistic ecosystem approach to ‘make the AI market’ with Microsoft as the indisputable leader. We will work across cities, and states, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and leverage coalitions, private and public partnerships, NGOs, industry associations, our partner ecosystem and academic institutions – all for the goal of leveraging AI to enable every person and every organization to achieve more. Do you want to be a part of an organization that will be a game changer for how we make the AI Market and build upon our mission of Sustainability and investments to support Carbon Negative Pledge by 2030? Do you like to be in an environment of building something new, creating and incubating new opportunities and connecting across the entire MSUS and WW teams? This organization is looking for a strategic, passionate and driven individual who understands AI, the value of the ecosystem and the opportunity for collaboration to make new markets.
As Sr. Programs Communications Manager, you will report to the Sr. Director, AI & Sustainability GTM & Programs and be accountable for the following strategic priorities:
- Build and implement winning communications plans, strategies, and programs.
- Drive compelling narratives together with our top strategic customers, SME’s and influencers that breakthrough with business, tech and industry media leveraging owned and earned channels.
- Lead the strategy and execution of our top stories program for the team that rise above individual customer announcements and focus on industry and technology trends.
- Execute on manufactured moments in time that showcase customer innovation and thought leadership across our priority industries and initiatives.
- Build relationships with our most strategic customers and establish/execute long term comms plans to drive thoughtful and unique stories together.
- Fuel customer pipeline across key moments and SLT engagements
- Develop and execute on targeted audience journeys to drive specific strategic outcomes (Business decision makers, students, social entrepreneurs, strategic influencers, and organizations)
- 5+ years of experience in communications, promotional marketing, go-to-market, public relations, analyst relations, segment marketing or product marketing.
- The ideal candidate is highly entrepreneurial, energetic, and self-motivated with the following skills: Excellent collaboration and communication skills, ability to be nimble and flexible and adaptable to changing customer dynamics.
- The candidate will be autonomous, results-driven, and have a demonstrated ability to influence cross-group agendas (including at an executive level) and drive non-reporting teams to perform.
- You must be willing to take on big challenges with significant growth potential.
- Most importantly, you need to be a strategic thinker able to identify opportunities and alternatives and influence teams both inside and outside the company to execute on them.
- Role Location: Remote (Any US city)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-01