Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Project Administrator- Science & Regulatory Advocacy
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Project Coordinator for the Science & Regulatory Advocacy (SRA) team to support both department operations and member engagement efforts.
The individual will report to the SRA Chief-of-Staff and provide direct administrative, budgetary, and document management support to the PhRMA SRA department. Additionally, they will assist SRA department staff with, maintaining files and databases, tracking financial commitments, and performing other administrative duties to support the departments advocacy work.
The Project Coordinator will:
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a support-oriented professional who is both collaborative and proactive. This role will interact with, and need to quickly and confidently establish trust with, PhRMA employees, member company staff, and other third parties. Key success factors for this role include excellent interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional time management, project management, organization skills and impeccable attention to detail. The successful candidate should be highly responsible, adaptable, level-headed and able to manage effectively under pressure.
- High school diploma;
- Minimum of 4+ years professional work experience and general bookkeeping or other accounting management;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy;
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and quality;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and balance priorities;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion, exercise sound judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential matters;
- Strong command of Microsoft suite of software and Adobe Acrobat, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree;
- Experience with financial tracking and reporting, invoice management, contract management, etc.;
- Research experience (online search engines, etc.);
- Trade association or policy/advocacy organization experience preferred;
- PhRMA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering a PhRMA office, unless an exemption applies. Proof of vaccination or eligibility for a religious or medical exemption on the first day of work is mandatory.
Who We Are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $1.1 trillion in the search for new treatments and cures, including $102.3 billion in 2021 alone.
What We Offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, PhRMAcademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non- discrimination in employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-10-25