Senior Public Affairs Manager
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and we’re dedicated to this mission across every aspect of our company. On Microsoft’s Public Affairs Communications Team you’ll join a group of professionals focused on telling stories that demonstrate the company’s commitment to building trust and contributing to solutions for some of the world’s big challenges. The Public Affairs Communications Team is also part of the broader Microsoft Communications Group, so you’ll join a large, diverse community of professionals focused on innovative communications, and you’ll have significant opportunities for career growth.
We’re looking for an experienced corporate communications professional with 8+ years’ experience to manage communications on privacy and related topics. The ideal candidate will have mastery of the full range of modern communications tools, feel comfortable managing communications for high-stakes issues, have a track record of world class media relations, be familiar with technology, and have a background in public policy issues.
You’ll be working cross-company and with our customers, partners, policymakers, and organizations around the world to advance communications efforts. You will tell stories, lead communications moments and announcements, manage reactive issues, dream up create and create content that has impact with critical audiences, and engage reporters around the world.
The role is preferably based at Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, Washington but candidates based in New York, San Francisco, or Washington DC may also be considered.
- Developing and executing communications strategies to help advance key initiatives
- Shaping our message and tell our story to increase the impact of the company’s work
- Providing communications counsel to executives
- Providing strategic guidance to business groups and the global communications team
- Managing relationships with top tier reporters around the world
- Creating and distributing world class owned content
- Managing PR agency team as integral members of our extended team
- Helping to drive integrated execution of communications campaigns by partnering with others
- 8+ years of experience in communications for policy or corporate communications topics
- Experience in media relations
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience managing complex issues in an incredibly fast-changing environment
- Demonstrated experience working with revolving communications trends like social and digital media
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across complex cross-group organizations
- Proven track record for new and innovative storytelling with ability to take risks
- Experience in driving proactive communications campaigns and media relations
- Exceptional communications skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-14