Senior Public Policy Analyst
- Conduct legislative and/or fact research and compile summaries of information for internal and/or client consumption.
- Manage government/regulatory filings and compliance processes.
- Monitor and report on legislative, industry and/or client based areas of interest.
- Communicate and interface with government employee/officials, members of the association and other key people to plan, market and host association events.
- Primary point of contact for research requests and special projects.
- Other duties may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-3 years of prior experience in the government is desirable.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Effective time management.
- Must have the ability to interact and work productively with all levels of staff.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment, decision-making and reasoning abilities.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Strong problem resolution abilities appropriately combining logic, analysis, and follow-through.
- Strong computer technical skills and demonstrated ability to learn new software.
- Ability to maintain discretion and privacy with confidential matters and documents.
- Ability to recognize and comprehend facts and legal concepts.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, iManage or other document management software, Elite or other timekeeping software, Internet required.
- Excellent client service.
Dentons US LLP offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Dentons is the world’s largest law firm, connecting talent to the world’s challenges and opportunities in more than 75 countries. Dentons’ legal and business solutions benefit from deep roots in our communities and award-winning advancements in client service, including Nextlaw, Dentons’ innovation and strategic advisory services. Dentons’ polycentric and purpose-driven approach, commitment to inclusion and diversity, and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client and community interests in the New Dynamic. www.dentons.com
Job posted: 2021-04-05