Senior Public Policy Communications Manager
New York, NY
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
As Klarna continues to expand in North America, we are looking for a strategic, analytical, and collaborative global policy communicator to join Klarna’s Global Society Team, ideally based in New York or Washington DC. You will be joining a new team driving the overarching messaging for Klarna, working directly with the CEO to deliver our global society strategy.
We’re seeking out a Communications Manager with a great understanding of the technology and financial services policy landscape and current affairs in either the US as well as a keen eye on global developments in public policy and consumer affairs.
You will play a key role in ensuring exceptional and robust communication of our vision, mission, and values. As such, we’re looking for an excellent writer with a proven ability to turn complex propositions, data, and arguments, into simple messaging so that it is understood and supported by all stakeholders globally. You ideally have experience working in or with technology businesses and non-communications professionals. You might be either in an agency, in-house, political staff, or a think tank/research center but with a credible background in policy research, drafting, and communications.
Excellent project and stakeholder management skills will be required to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced team. You value outcomes over outputs and have a passion for delivering high-quality data-led communications.
- Develop the central messaging of Klarna to ensure it is clear, consistent, and impactful for all our stakeholders – customers, merchants, the general public, investors, etc.
- Develop a clear understanding of strategies and key priorities within the company to provide relevant content to all members of the global team that can be utilized by regional and specialist teams.
- Contribute to how we communicate the overall vision and global plans and key priorities to ensure they are understood and adopted across the communications teams globally.
- Immerse yourself in global policy and domestic policy.
- Build and maintain strong relationships internally and a keen interest in product development
- Understand and convey complex concepts and data in simple and compelling ways
- Actively enjoy cultivating persuasive arguments and iterating messaging
- Proven attention to detail with strong regulatory analysis skills
- 5+ years of experience in policy communications and content creation roles, in-house /agency/government/think tank, preferably in high-growth and/or payments, retail, or technology environments. Experience working for a business operating in an evolving regulatory environment is a plus.
- Proven skill and passion in regulatory analysis and policy messaging
- Proven ability to build relationships internally and externally, and influence across all levels.
- Enjoys working collaboratively and communicating openly; can build trust easily.
- You are hands-on by nature and come up with creative thinking that adds value and innovation to the work we do.
- You can take initiative, be strategic and forward-looking while at the same time taking personal ownership for everyday delivery.
- Enjoy a fast-paced working environment and be proactive by nature, moving between high strategy and small details, relish problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively, and love the satisfaction of brilliant execution.
- Exceptional at personal work management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Seeking to develop your skills and take the next step in your career in-house working for a disruptor brand that has become a household name at a pivotal and exciting time for the business.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Job posted: 2021-11-15