Senior Public Policy & Community Engagement Manager
DoorDash is hiring a proven leader to help build our public policy and community engagement team from the ground up. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities at the federal, state, and local levels, with the opportunity to execute an ambitious agenda and make an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business.
Based in San Francisco, you’ll work closely with the Head of Public Policy and other members of the public policy team, senior executives, and departments throughout the company, including Legal, Press, Marketing, and Finance, to design and execute our public policy agenda at all levels of government. You will build the infrastructure to power our advocacy, interact directly with elected officials, and serve as a thought leader on issues including the future of work, urban mobility, immigration, and food security.
What You’ll Do
- Craft and execute DoorDash’s legislative, regulatory, and political strategy at all levels of government, across the United States and Canada
- Build relationships with community, business, and government stakeholders to foster awareness of DoorDash’s business and our social impact agenda
- Represent DoorDash with government officials and staff, including providing testimony in legislative and regulatory hearings
- Build coalitions and spearhead grassroots efforts
- Participate in trade groups and industry associations on behalf of the company
- Manage external policy consultants
- BS or BA from accredited university required
- 8+ years of experience serving in government at the federal, state, or local levels or working directly on public policy issues for corporate clients
- Strong political track-record and a proven ability to build strong, diverse coalitions
- A deep understanding of government relations, including effective lobbying strategies and the mechanics of policy-making
- Strong strategic thinker with polished written and oral advocacy skills
- Direct policy experience in one or more of the following areas: employment law, sales and indirect tax, and privacy
- Willingness to travel frequently (both locally and farther afield)
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- Government and in-house experience
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy
- International experience
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-01-25