Senior Public Policy Manager
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Director of Public Policy
The Senior Public Policy Manager is responsible for executing on regulatory and legislative objectives to promote ChargePoint’s network and products and advance transportation electrification in California and the Western US. Must be goal-motivated, adaptable in a fast-growing technology company environment, a strategic thinker, and detail-oriented. Successful candidates will have experience working with elected officials and state regulatory agencies, preparing and delivering testimony before legislative committees and public utility commissions, and advancing policy objectives in a wide variety of forums.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage critical relationships with public policy stakeholders, including state and local elected officials, public utility commissioners, key public agencies such as building standards commissions and the California Air Resources Board, and key external stakeholders such as environmental organizations, auto companies, utilities, and industry associations.
- Track, monitor, and analyze state legislation, regulatory filings, and other EV policy proposals to develop ChargePoint policy positions and strategy for response.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with public policy stakeholders in California and key Western states.
- Develop written and oral regulatory comments, testimony, and presentations.
- Coordinate with internal teams and consultants on messaging, policy development, and strategy.
- Represent ChargePoint in meetings, hearings and stakeholder groups, in coordination with ChargePoint policy directors and consultants.
- Experience in energy policy and regulatory processes. This includes knowledge of electric utilities and their business models, ability to review and analyze utility rates and programs, and demonstrated knowledge of electric vehicle charging or distributed energy technologies (such as solar and energy efficiency).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in public policy.
- Track record of successfully navigating legislative and regulatory proceedings.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Public policy degree preferred but not required.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, accurately and persuasively.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems with limited resources.
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel frequently as needed.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-26