Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Public Policy Manager
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Workday’s Corporate Affairs team supports our growth in EMEA and globally by helping to shape a business environment conducive to Workday’s strategy, by partnering with our teams focusing on public sector business development, and by elevating Workday’s global brand.
About the Role
Workday is seeking a Brussels-based Senior Public Policy Manager to work with our Senior Director of Corporate Affairs, covering the EMEA region.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make an impact as part of a growing and focused team that engages on behalf of the company across a range of critical policy issues including privacy, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, and cloud and data policy.
The role requires significant experience and understanding of current European and international technology industry and policy trends.
Candidates should have comprehensive knowledge of EU legislative, regulatory and policy processes, and bring a solid network of EU institutions (notably the European Parliament), trade associations, industry and think tanks.
Your main activities will include:
Identify, monitor and analyze policy issues impacting our business
As the European Commission and European governments develop policy positions and regulatory proposals, you analyze them and their impact on Workday’s business. You develop potential amendments and counter proposals, and seek to shape their development in a way that helps advance our business objectives.
Build and maintain trust-based relationships with policymakers
Working with the team, you create and manage stakeholder maps for our policy issues and help coordinate and staff our meetings and engagements with key policymakers so that we build durable, long standing relationships with them.
Engage with trade associations and coalitions
We work with a number of trade associations in Europe. You help manage our trade association portfolio and shape our associations’ direction and positioning, focusing on driving campaigns on our core policy priorities.
Help drive policy-related campaigns
We build our company profile and influence policymakers by driving campaigns – including events, position papers, and policy development – around our core policy priorities. You help develop and execute event ideas, engage with policymakers and other stakeholders, participate in conferences and other policy forums, and build the relationships to effectively advocate for Workday.
Brief company teams about policy developments
Our business moves fast, and we want to make sure our team is fully up to date on the latest policy and regulatory developments, so they can answer customer queries and provide guidance. You work with others on the team to inform executives, Sales, and lawyers about European policy changes and proposals that impact our business.
- An advanced degree in law, public policy, business, economics, international affairs, or similar field.
- 8+ years’ relevant experience (corporation, public administration, law firm, consulting).
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with EU legislative, regulatory and policy processes.
- Analysis and communication skills: Ability to analyse and draft high quality content on complex legal, policy and technology issues. Ability to discuss and negotiate on complex issues with confidence.
- Confidence and ambition to take responsibility for projects and workstreams and run them independently.
- Entrepreneurial, dynamic attitude: Quick learner who is able to rapidly get to the core of complex issues. Comfortable with changing work content and tasks.
- Results and output orientation: Our team works on a broad range of issues and needs to focus on what matters most, doing the right things right.
- Excellent collaboration skills: ability to cooperate with people across Workday’s organisation, in trade associations and companies in the sector. Emotional intelligence and ability to work with people of different backgrounds and nationalities is important.
- Languages: business fluency in English is essential and one other European language, such as German, Italian, Spanish or French. Additional languages are a plus.
Workday Public Policy site:
Learn more about the position here
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!
Job posted: 2022-07-24