Senior Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs
SK Group is an international conglomerate headquartered in South Korea, with over 100 operating companies in the semiconductor, telecommunications, energy, technology, advanced materials, and life sciences sectors. SK hynix is an operating company of SK Group and has a presence in the United States through its subsidiary SK hynix America.
While the Global Development Group (GDG) in Washington, DC, is organized under SK hynix America, GDG serves to advance SK Group’s overall brand and strategic investment priorities in the US through engagement with US federal, state, and local government stakeholders, as well as think tanks and third-party convening organizations.
Within GDG, this Senior Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs Position will develop and execute federal public policy and regulatory strategies to advance SK’s business and investment priorities in the US.
- Assist in leading the development and implementation of SK’s federal public policy and regulatory affairs agenda; ensure congruence with internal policies and programs and external government affairs efforts
- Identify and develop the legislative, regulatory, and policy issues that have strategic implications for SK, and design and implement the organization’s strategy to achieve the desired objectives
- Engage with executive, legislative, and regulatory branch officials on behalf of SK
- Prepare written materials, including policy proposals, regulatory comments, formal correspondence, blog posts, and other commentary
- Assist in managing engagements with external consultants on public policy and regulatory affairs initiatives
- Work closely with communications teams to engage media interest in SK policy priorities
- Advanced understanding of the US legislative and regulatory processes, including lobbying strategies, stakeholder organizing, and the mechanics of policymaking
- Advanced understanding of applicable ethics rules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent judgment and strategic decision-making skills
- Advanced experience with furthering complex policy positions before a range of audiences
- Strong planning and organization skills; proven ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years of relevant professional experience in the US federal government or private sector, with demonstrable public policy experience (g., federal agencies, Congress, law firms, and trade associations)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-22