senior public policy specialist
Now Brewing – Senior Global Responsibility Specialist! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
This position contributes to Starbucks success by managing a portion of our relationship with Arizona State University: Starbucks Global Academy where you will liaison between the two organizations, ensuring completion of deliverables that serve the organizations’ joint goals.
This role is responsible for timely delivery of key projects within the Starbucks Global Academy portfolio and building the overall global reach of the platform. You will contribute to the strategic vision of the platform by directly overseeing the completion of new courses rooted in Starbucks mission and values, working closely with international market leads to adopt the platform, and explore new initiative areas that would leverage academic resources from within ASU.
This role requires close partnership with business stakeholders across the organization to enable collaboration on planning, execution, and delivery. This individual must have demonstrated a successful track record of managing complex programs in a fast-moving environment, while also being able to transform business issues and challenges into workable solutions.
This individual thrives working in complex, mission driven environments, is a team player, possesses self-confidence and an excellent sense of humor. This role requires someone who believes in advancing Starbucks Mission and Values.
As a Global Public Policy and Government Affairs senior global responsibility specialist, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform core project management duties for the Starbucks Global Academy portfolio and assist with project management duties for the Public Policy and Government Affairs team as needed. This includes guiding multiple projects, with differing timelines and objectives, through formal approval and funding gates; developing a project plan that includes, as applicable, budget, project timeline, detailed task-driven schedule, communication plan and managing project execution from analysis/design through execution and launch.
- Serve as primary liaison with external stakeholders, namely Arizona State University, understanding their business, objectives, and strategy.
- Serve as primary liaison for Starbucks Global Academy with internal and external business stakeholders, including international market teams. Communicate professionally and respectfully, considering perspectives and goals, as well as cultural norms. Manage regular communication cadence, check-ins, and follow up in a timely manner.
- As it relates to Starbucks Global Academy, monitor project execution to ensure that key milestones and financial parameters are met and that projects are delivered effectively to achieve the overall goals and objectives.
This role will also function will assist with organizational support for the Global Public Policy and Government Affairs team. This includes:
- Assisting implementation of partnership opportunities with external stakeholder groups including coordination of special events, marketing, internal business partner coordination, and communication and briefing materials.
- In partnership with all members of the Public Policy and Government Affairs team, support project ideation and assist in the creation of policy positions.
- Develop an awareness and understanding of initiatives within global social impact and public policy portfolio; to ensure interdependencies are identified and managed.
- Represents business unit, department or functional area on cross-functional project teams. Provides functional expertise to assess potential company and community impacts.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project
- Analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to define objectives, scope and resources for projects contained within a department or business unit
- Knowledge of concepts, techniques and tools relating to coordinating and tracking projects
- Knowledge of standards, practices and techniques of project management
- Ability to organize large volumes of data for compilation, analysis and retrieval
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Job posted: 2019-07-24