Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Public Relations & Event Specialist
The Senior Public Relations and Event Specialist is responsible for strategically planning, developing, and implementing the public relations and paid media strategy for the global Healthcare IT division of Canon Medical at a regional level (U.S.) while acting as a support for other global/international regions. The responsibilities of the position will also include the planning, coordination, operation, and successful completion of multiple trade shows and events.
- Public Relationships and Paid Media (70%)
- Create, communicate, and review the public relations & paid media strategy, ensuring alignment with Canon Medical’s vision, sales and marketing goals/objectives, and current healthcare PR tactics/strategies.
- Develop all content in direct support of the PR/PM strategies (ex: press releases, media kits, etc.)
- Work alongside acquisition marketing partners to develop a strategy to manage relationships with editors and publications that enable successful creation of awareness-driving content that earns credibility in the marketplace (articles, blogs, earned/paid media, etc.)
- Create a strategy to develop and drive relationships with meaningful industry publications and subscriptions (KLAS, HIMSS, CHIME) to ensure we are achieving ROI and driving market credibility
- Manage marketing budget for all PR and paid media efforts
- Develop an approach for cultivating and acquiring new contacts within the industry
- Evaluate opportunity for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising on an on-going basis
- Develop, maintain, and report on a PR/Paid media KPI Dashboard
- Events Management (30%)
- Manage annual event calendar including trade shows, and industry partners’ local sponsored events
- Coordinate and execute all event logistics (planning meetings, event requirements, schedules, stakeholders, equipment, etc.)
- Ensure proper management and communication of event expenses compared to budget
- Work with counterpart(s) at Canon Companies to support required events
- Ensure adherence to rules and regulations of association guidelines, HCP (Healthcare Provider) global regulations, guidelines and corporate policy (Sunshine Act and AdvaMed)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, PR, Communications or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of paid media or public relations experience
- 2-3 years of trade show and event experience managing industry conventions
- Self-starter with ability to drive and develop strategy
- Copywriting and editing experience preferred
- Solid vendor management and negotiations skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once with competing deadlines
- Ability to travel approximately 25% in support of events, including occasional weekends. Hours can vary and expand as dictated by project demands.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, share information and ideas with others, has good listening skills
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively
- Results Focus: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Canon Medical Informatics offers a dynamic workplace, competitive compensation package, and room for learning and growth in our organization. This is an environment in which things move quickly and you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats. We have a casual dress code, offer flexible work hours and actively foster work-life balance, because anything else simply isn’t sustainable. Our Minnetonka, MN office is located about 12 miles southwest of downtown Minneapolis. Our office is near several walking paths and restaurants that are a quick drive away. In our office of 175, we have on onsite deli, workout facility and weekly massages. Our team loves what we do and has fun doing it together. We look forward to receiving an application from you.
At Canon Medical Informatics (formerly Vital Images, Inc.), what we do matters. This is at the heart of every product we develop, every service we provide, and especially each member of our team. As part of Canon Medical Systems Corporation, we lead the industry with the latest health imaging informatics solutions. We improve the quality of patient care by developing innovative products that enable the exchange, analysis and storage of clinical information across health care enterprises and communities. Our products handle millions of medical images and health records a day across the world. Canon Medical Informatics experiences the best of both worlds with a dynamic and collaborative environment, casual culture, and agility of a mid-sized company, while having the support and resources of Canon Medical Systems Corporate, our parent company.
Our offices are based in Minnetonka, Minnesota; Waterloo, Ontario; Copenhagen, Denmark; The Netherlands; and Beijing, China. We value our team’s innovation, enthusiasm, and dedication to help improve the lives of patients. Do you want to be part of a passionate team that believes what we do matters? Then a career with Canon Medical Informatics might be right for you!
Integrity, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Problem Solvers and Drive
Canon Medical Informatics is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-04