Senior Public Relations Manager
Ready to Inspire Actions that Matter™? Crosby, one of the country’s leading independent communications firms, seeks a Senior Public Relations Manager with strong media relations skills to join our growing team. You’re skilled in writing attention-grabbing content and have a proven track record for pitching stories to the media and securing national and regional press coverage.
- Plan media relations and reputation management programs for clients with a focus in healthcare, nonprofit, federal government, and military/veterans
- Execute national and regional media relations programs targeting consumer and industry media through satellite media tours, desk-side press briefings, interviews, op-eds, matte releases, and feature story placements
- Support development of reputation management protocols, messaging, and consulting during crisis situations
- Implement spokesperson training with high-level executives
- Manage communications outreach that support public affairs programs targeting stakeholders and press on key issues and legislation
- Oversee community and press events, including press conferences and Facebook Live
- Conduct influencer outreach via bloggers, YouTubers, and celebrities
- Prepare press releases, keynote speeches and promotional material
- Build press lists, coordinate press interviews with clients and track media clips
- Pull analytics to assess program performance, create reports that communicate impact and make recommendations for continual improvements
We’re looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- 6 to 8 years of public relations experience with a strong focus on media relations
- Proven track record for successfully pitching and placing stories with national, trade and local media outlets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational and planning capability
- Conceptual thinking and ability to translate complex ideas into straightforward and compelling content, specifically press releases, blogs, op-eds, and pitches
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Experience with public relations analytics and reporting, and familiarity with industry tools such as Cision and Critical Mention
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Marketing with a PR focus
We offer generous benefits, bonus and profit-sharing opportunities. This full-time position is in our Annapolis office.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume here.
Job posted: 2020-09-01