Senior Public Relations Specialist – Healthcare
HRS Consulting, Inc. is staffed by human performance and training professionals who specialize in assisting our clients to adopt the best practices of High Reliability Organizations. Our experts include professionals with extensive experience introducing HRO principles and enthusiasm for HROs in healthcare. We have a portfolio of proven tools and systems to advance our customers’ goals.
HRS Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Public Relations Specialist Senior to work in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide best value healthcare and professional consulting services to the Veterans Health Administration (VHA). Qualified candidates will have experience issuing press releases, promoting press releases, maintaining a social media presence, and arranging public appearances for large-scale organizations at the senior level. Prior experience developing and maintaining the public image for government clients is required.
- Developing plans for outreach campaigns and recommending the most effective way of communicating a message in print, electronic format, or both, including social media and web-based outreach
- Assisting in the healthcare related strategic communication plan that builds beneficial relationships between the VHA, the public, and other entities
- Executing healthcare related media programs, conducting press conferences, scheduling broadcast and/or print interviews, public relations, and crisis communications media training
- Training agency healthcare personnel to deal with media and media responses, media alerts, and press clipping services related activities to public relations services
- Defining, implementing, and executing a communications strategy that establishes consistent messaging, public relations management, and structured internal and external communication practices
- Forming plans related to VHA initiatives, priorities, healthcare operations and services and may include inter-agency collaboration, the integration of multiple programs, and national level campaigns
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Eligibility to obtain Veterans Administration (VA) suitability approval to access agency computer systems and facilities required to start work; current VA credentials preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Business, or related discipline preferred
- 8+ years of related experience forming public relations strategies that closely align with organizational goals reflected in target audiences, modalities, and timing of internal and external communications
- Experience assessing the return on investment (ROI), effectiveness, and performance of the communication or marketing plan using industry standard best practices
- Experience assisting with the preparation of conferences, seminars, and events planning services
- Experience supporting VA or a federal government health-related program is a plus
- Ability to clearly communicate and exchange information with co-workers, teammates, stakeholders, and other personnel, as required
- Proficiency working across the Microsoft Office Suite
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a professional office environment with prolonged periods sitting at a desk, attending meetings, and using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and video teleconferencing equipment.
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, the ability to move office items such as files, laptop/computer equipment, meeting materials, and other work supplies may require carrying and lifting items up to 15 pounds at times.
- Business travel may be required.
HRS Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We comply with Form I-9 identity and legal work authorization requirements and utilize E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification in accordance the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 954-217-6241.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-10