Senior Regional Advocacy Expert
We are seeking a Senior Regional Advocacy Expert to join our team in Saint Louis, MO as part of Boeing’s Political Mobilization team – working to produce positive public policy outcomes for the company. The Regional Advocacy Expert will work to leverage and expand Boeing’s relationships among 1) employees, retirees, and other internal stakeholders; and 2) diverse, external audiences that share a connection to Boeing and its government operations agenda at the federal, state, and local levels.Positions Responsibilities Include:
- Advocates company position regarding pending and/or proposed legislation/regulations in consultation with subject matter experts, internal and external stakeholders (e.g., government organizations, customers, coalitions, unions, associations) for desired results
- Serves as a consultant to management
- Consults and develops strategy for establishing and maintaining relationships with external entities (e.g., government organizations, customers, coalitions, business associations, unions) by networking, sharing information and identifying areas of mutual interest in order to foster future interactions and strengthen the company position through a joint sphere of influence
- Advises and consults with executive management regarding grassroots advocacy coalitions to influence and promote public policy to expand and strengthen the company’s sphere of influence and interests
- Serves as grassroots advocacy leader
- Consults with executives to develop and define strategy to influence decision makers and stakeholders (e.g., executives, employees, retirees, community groups, professional organizations, legislative and regulatory bodies)
- Consults with executives to develop overall company positions to provide government relations guidance and incorporate local/regional/national requirements into lobbying prioritization
- Consults with executive management on strategy related to the company (e.g., telecommunications, transportation, trade, labor laws) and to advise and/or provide information to government officials regarding the impact of government’s activity
- Supervises the creation of reports and documentation (e.g., employee labor reports, expense reports, federal/state/local reporting requirements) related to spending, lobbying activities, ethics and gratuities in order to comply with local/state/Federal laws and regulations and Boeing requirements
- Acts as focal for lobbying activities
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years’ experience in Politics, Campaigns, Public Affairs and/or Issue Advocacy
- 5+ years’ experience working on State & Local public policy issues and federal, state, or local political campaigns
- Capable of travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience in political and/or campaign organizing, and coalition building
- Proven success building coalitions and strategic alliances
- Experience working on grassroots advocacy programs on behalf of industry or specific programs and/or legislation
- Experience in State and Federal legislative processes
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 15 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+13 years’ related work experience, 19 years’ related work experience, etc.).
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job posted: 2019-07-30