Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Portfolio Business: Huber Engineered Materials
Miller Chemical and Fertilizer, LLC, a J.M. Huber Company is a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of crop adjuvants, plant growth regulators, nutritional fertilizers, and specialty agrochemicals with an 81-year heritage.
J.M. Huber Corporation is one of the largest privately held, family-owned companies in the United States. Established in 1883, we are a diversified, global supplier of specialty and commodity chemicals, hydrocolloid solutions, engineered wood products, and natural resources to customers spanning a wide variety of industries. With approximately $2.3 billion in sales and 4,000 employees worldwide, we have a material presence in more than 20 countries.
The Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist supports the Regulatory Management System (RMS) for the Specialty Agriculture Solutions (SAS) business unit and Huber Engineered Materials (HEM) internal and external customer systems. The Sr. RA Specialist provides expertise for regulatory affairs projects supporting business maintenance and / or growth and right to operate (RTO). This position can be based in Atlanta, GA; Hanover, PA or remote from Raleigh-Durham, NC.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and support the preparation of North American submissions (dossiers, registrations, actions, etc.) for government and standards agencies (EPA, PMRA, CFIA, state agencies, etc.)
- Utilize inputs from SMEs (Subject Matter Expert), RA team, 3rd parties to:
- Develop guidance and strategies to SAS on behalf of Regulatory Affairs.
- Provide responses for Internal and External Regulatory requests.
- Serve as Regulatory Expert and representative for assigned products and platforms.
- Identify, develop, conduct and/or facilitate regional Regulatory training on Regulatory subjects as identified by management for SAS and HEM functional groups and product SMEs.
- Support RMS systems, including Document Management and Regulatory sites.
- Create and Update policies, procedures, and associated documents on behalf of Regulatory Affairs
Specialized/Technical Knowledge or Required Skills
- B.Sc. Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Toxicology, Regulatory Affairs, Legal or another science or compliance related field
- 5 years of experience in Regulatory Affairs related to agriculture, agrochemical, fertilizer, and / or industrial products, EPA experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable on regulation and the regulatory process
- Experience with project management and process optimization tools desired
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Well-structured/-organized, capable of working independently and persistently, good collaboration skills, analytical skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, SharePoint, ERP
- Good understanding of IT applications and databases
Our employees are our strongest asset, and their safety, health, and well-being is our highest priority. We respect the individual by providing opportunities for professional and personal development. Our Principles drive us to create an inclusive workplace where employees share core values, show dignity and respect toward others, and work hard to achieve their best performance.
J.M. Huber Corporation is an EEO / AAP employer. Pre-employment drug screening is required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-13