Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Regulatory Analyst / Accounting Analyst
Joining Tipalti means you’re stepping onto a fintech unicorn rocketship pointed towards greatness. We’re the financial operations experts powering high-velocity companies and eliminating the pain in payments. Tipalti eliminates up to 80% of the payables workload for finance and accounting departments. Our AI-driven technology does the work no one wants to do, and we do it better than anyone.
Senior Regulatory Analyst
Tipalti has built the leading global payables automation platform that has allowed our customers to streamline the entire payables process. Each year we handle billions of dollars, and are looking to add a Senior Regulatory Analyst to help further our mission. This role will report to the finance organization and will collaborate across various departments including Legal, Compliance, and Engineering. This role is for those who love spending hours in spreadsheets and using data to solve business problems.
The successful candidate will be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and is excited to solve complex problems.
- Partner with Legal, Compliance, and the Data Analytics team in order to ensure the accuracy of the regulatory reports
- Lead Ad-hoc projects and initiatives around Tipalti’s regulatory reporting
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual analyses (Examples: Fluctuation, Trends, etc.)
- Develop the strategy for audit/testing procedures
- Support external audits (Regulatory and Financial)
- Perform month-end-close activities including journal entries and reconciliations
- Gain an understanding of business transaction and accounting flow, whilst identifying and implementing improvement initiatives
- Prepare documentation of the regulatory process and testing (Memos, Presentations, etc.)
- Support various aspects of the regulatory process as it expands into new jurisdictions
- Bachelor’s Degree or in Finance, Accounting, or relevant analytical field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience
- Public Accounting and/or Internal Audit experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills – (You Love being in a spreadsheet)
- Experience working with large data sets and high volume of transactions
- Ability to express business concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx,etc.)
Location: San Mateo Preferred but not mandatory
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we’re a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means “We handled it,” a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-21