Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Regulatory Case Advisor
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Senior Regulatory Case Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will be a Case Manager on the Energy, Equity and Access team in the Energy & Environmental Policy department at SCE.
In this role, you will focus on customer facing programs and services that support SCE’s Clean Power and Electrification Pathway such as energy efficiency programs. You will lead cross-functional teams to plan, develop, and complete regulatory activities to achieve SCE policy goals.
You will spearhead the regulatory process including developing and reviewing testimony, advice letters, comments, and responses to data requests. You will also represent SCE in external stakeholder engagement and advocacy activities.
Because this role is strategically aligned with the operational and regulatory goals for SCE, you will frequently and proactively interact with senior SCE management as well as external stakeholders including staff at various regulatory agencies.
A day in the life
- Lead regulatory case management on energy efficiency-related proceedings and represent SCE in regulatory proceedings and external energy efficiency forums. Prepare regulatory documents, ensuring the company’s position is reflected accurately.
- Lead teams to address strategic issues and develop regulatory policies, strategies, and processes related to SCE’s energy efficiency portfolio.
- Lead policy development to achieve consistent positions across SCE regulatory proceedings. Communicate status to SCE executives and other internal stakeholders.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of regulations, rules, and procedures. Interpret regulatory requirements and provide guidance to ensure compliance. Identify issues that require attention and raise them to management.
- Ten years of combined experience in project or program management, cross-functional coordination, energy markets, environmental sustainability and/or energy-related regulatory policy.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting energy related regulations or policies.
- Bachelor’s / Graduate Degree in Environmental Policy, Public Policy, Public Administration, Engineering, Business, Economics, or related field.
- Five years of experience in any of the following: advocating or analyzing regulations, public policy development, strategic analysis, or regulatory case management.
- Experience developing regulatory documents such as Applications, Advice Letters, Testimony, and Comments.
- Knowledge of utility-related customer programs, such as Energy Efficiency or Demand Response programs.
- Electric utility industry experience.
- Experience with regulatory and/or legislative processes.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to stakeholders and senior management.
YOU SHOULD KNOW
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation may apply to this position.
ABOUT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and build a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Job posted: 2023-09-18