Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Regulatory Specialist
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the security controls of services offered by AWS. At AWS’ scale, we must invent new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most regulatory conscious customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior regulatory expert to join our team. You will be a senior leader on a team of experts that will dive deep to enable us to scale our approach to demonstrate our resilient service design and operations to customers and regulators. As part of the team, you will manage targeted campaigns to solve complex compliance challenges, improve processes, and drive greater efficiencies across the security assurance organization. This role facilitates our ability to grow and scale our internal compliance processes to meet the compliance and regulatory expectations in markets and industries around the globe. You should be an experienced and industry professional who has the ability to understand IT and compliance processes, evaluate opportunities for improvement, and to be able to drive innovative campaigns through multiple organizations and teams.
This position can work out of the following locations: NY, NY; Arlington/Herndon, VA; Boston, MA; Baltimore, MD; San Luis Obispo, CA; Seattle, WA.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of compliance program activities and recommend improvements to improve delivery at scale.
- Lead and manage projects and campaigns with excellent project management skills.
- Communicate to leadership the status and key deliverables of team initiatives, seek diverse opinions and coordinate improvement efforts.
- Fielding and addressing requests for team support in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Dive deep into the operations of AWS compliance programs to develop broad domain and technical understanding of regulatory and customer expectations to drive process improvement initiatives.
- Bridge communication with both technical engineering and business teams to successfully capture and implement business requirements.
- Operate a quality rhythm of the business for managing regulatory expectations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
-Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related fields, or equivalent experience.
-10+ years of experience in project/program management in a technical field.
-5+ years of IT security audit, compliance, business continuity, resilience and/or relevant regulatory experience.
- Experience with monitoring and automating security controls.
- Have a record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
- Have experience in cloud technologies.
- Have experience in performing technical assessments and documentation of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes.
- Have an understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls.
- A portfolio of writing samples.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Job posted: 2022-07-10