Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Social Impact Manager
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Social Impact Manager to join our team! In this role, you will support the development and execution of Chime’s social impact efforts in line with Chime’s values and dedication to Chimers, our members, and their communities. This role will report to the Senior Director of Diversity, Equity, and Belonging and work in close partnership with the Government & Public Affairs team, Marketing & Communications teams, and various other partners across the business. This is a truly collaborative and cross-functional role. This position is full-time and can be remotely based
For Colorado based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has an annual starting salary of $111,000 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits (see below). The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Support the development and execution of Chime’s social impact and ESG strategy, in line with our values and commitment to Chimers, members, and their communities
- Evaluate and identify business opportunities and partnerships to successfully support the company’s social impact goals, elevate Chime’s reputation and brand, support company goals, and engage employees.
- Establish relationships with nonprofit organizations to develop unique and creative strategic partnerships and programs
- Collaborate with other partners in the business to ensure the overall strategic direction of our program goals are well aligned
- Be responsible for the company’s social impact investments, including multi-year commitments, emergency response efforts, and new investments.
- Measure and evaluate social impact programs to ensure progress against program goals, budgets, and key measures of success
- Provide quarterly reporting on social impact efforts and an annual social impact report to be shared externally
- Lead all aspects of our employee volunteerism and philanthropy program
- Partner with corporate communications, internal communications, and brand to articulate the value of our social impact efforts to key partners.
- Serve as an internal guide on corporate social responsibility issues in connection with our Chime members and employees.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Experience leading a social impact, corporate social responsibility, or sustainability program with budget accountability.
- Proven ability to initiate and lead collaborative efforts of multiple teams in a growing organization.
- Built rapport with a wide variety of internal and external partners by genuinely listening to and understanding their points of view.
- The ability to discern the current state of a program or project and to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
- A passion for storytelling and skill to effectively craft, position, and present messages to highlight Chime’s social impact initiatives building awareness and momentum for internal and external audiences
- Experience defining, measuring, and reporting on appropriate data and metrics
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-09