Senior Social Media Communications Manager
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission! As the fastest growing cloud-managed team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the landscape of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Meraki is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate storyteller to help us amplify the Meraki brand to a wide range of audiences from the small mom-and-pop shop to the largest enterprises around the world. We’re looking for someone to develop impactful social media programs that build brand awareness of the Meraki vision and product lines. Strategic, flexible, and resourceful, you thrive on building the right kind of buzz and creating excitement for Meraki while strategically maximizing social platforms. As an integral member of the Marketing team, you will work closely with the Head of Corporate Communications, integrated and digital marketers, Cisco counterparts, and other teams across the business to execute creative social media programs and tactics in support of our business goals and product priorities.
What you will do:
- Build and lead Cisco Meraki’s global social media efforts as part of the Global Corporate Communications team.
- Define, develop, and coordinate end-to-end execution of global social media strategy to drive awareness for Meraki brand and products
- Partner with Marketing teams to integrate social media into campaign efforts and sales enablement tactics
- Strategize campaigns and methods to nurture new, lasting followers
- Develop content to reach and engage with a variety of audiences
- Partner with Cisco’s PR and Social Media Communications teams to align editorial content, messaging, and strategies. Identify and secure opportunities for Meraki inclusion in Cisco’s owned, earned and paid social media and influencer efforts
- Manage external agency support; content creation, editorial calendar, daily/weekly meetings, etc.
- Identify and elevate internal spokespeople through employee engagements, social media, etc.
- Partner with Communications team to identify internal and external opportunities for internal spokespeople
- Collaborate with Content Marketing team to turn original content into organic/owned social media assets
- Coordinate with internal collaborators to execute content and campaigns
- Pull metrics and review platform/campaign analytics to develop reports and provide recommendations for optimizations
- Build measurability into social and content programs; analyze and assess the effectiveness of projects and campaigns
- Establish and oversee daily/weekly/monthly social content calendar
- Organize and run regular, cross-functional social content meetings
- Partner with Meraki community manager to monitor, listen and engage with community members. Help resolve customer issues, answer questions and handle general inquiries.
- 8+ years of Social Media, Communications or related experience
- Bachelor of Arts degree; focus in marketing or communications a plus
- Exceptional writing/editing skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of our business
- Knowledge of social media/networking platforms and monitoring tools (including analytics and reporting)
- Experience writing social copy, creating social calendars and engaging with consumers and businesses via social community management
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Passion for all things social media and technology. You should have experience and fluency in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, and an interest in emerging platforms (e.g., TikTok)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and programs simultaneously and successfully in a dynamic environment, prioritize effectively, and navigate high-pressure situations often with tight deadlines
- You’re highly ambitious and love to work collaboratively
- Enthusiasm for reading, technology, and lifelong learning.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-16