Senior Strategic Communications Advisor
Falls Church, VA
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a Senior Strategic Communications Advisor to directly support the senior communications leadership of the Defense Health Agency’s (DHA) Strategic Communications Office. This individual will provide strategic communications advice and guidance to DHA/MHS Communications leadership. In addition, the senior advisor will help direct a 50+ person strategic communications team and oversee multiple communication workstreams to successfully research, plan, implement and evaluate organizational campaigns.
- Interact daily with the DHA Communications Director and Deputy Director of Communications to assist in coordinating all communications activities across the division.
- Demonstrated leadership to assist with the management and integration of a team of 50+ communications team members.
- Full lifecycle communications campaigns–Research, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation–with the ability to identify innovative and creative ways to deliver Defense Health Agency (DHA) / Military Health System (MHS) communication missions.
- Experience working in the DoD with 10+ years serving in roles that require routine interaction with senior leaders.
- Experience in planning and managing communications and/or management assets at the OSD, Joint Staff and/or senior military service level.
- Superior written and verbal skills with the ability to translate technical medical requirements into easily understood communications.
- Prior strategic communications leadership in DoD; DHA/MHS experience a plus.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in in Communications, Marketing, Public Affairs, Public Administration, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to foster team culture and integration in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) preferred but not required.
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-15