Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Strategic Communications Strategist
Senior Strategic Communications Strategist
Prometheus Federal Services (PFS), a trusted partner to federal health and social services agencies, is seeking a Senior Strategic Communications Strategist to lead multiple strategic communications initiatives for our federal clients including Veterans Affairs and FDA. The ideal candidate will have experience working with or for federal agencies (though it is not required) as a management consultant to implement high visibility, enterprise-wide communications projects, programs, and initiatives. All applicants must reside in the U.S. with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship indefinitely and the ability to obtain a US security clearance if needed.
The Manager of Strategic Communications develops the overall communication strategies and supporting communication plans to produce effective and precisely crafted messages, using a variety of tactics and channels, to reach and influence stakeholders on behalf of our Federal clients. The role also involves leading teams in the creative development of all related communication collateral and outputs and overseeing implementation of communication strategies and underlying plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Strategic Communications Manager include but are not limited to:
- Establish, develop and nurture positive relationships with federal clients.
- Lead internal team members in the development of communications strategies.
- Manage communications teams’ daily activities and provide coaching and career development guidance for direct reports.
- Provide strategic management, program management and project management while achieving excellence in delivery to ensure high impact results.
- Facilitate clients through the development of communications strategies including vision, mission, goals, objectives and value proposition. Lead the strategic planning and development of all communication materials and events in support of client and agency objectives.
- Manage production schedules of all communication deliverables and associates responsible for carrying out communication tasks.
- Coordinate content development contributions of subject matter experts to communications deliverables.
- Develop and implement methods to track effectiveness of all communication. Refine strategies and tactics based on tracking results and analysis. Report tracking results to clients.
- Ensure communications comply with contract obligations.
- Create intellectual capital, support business development initiatives, and participate in business development activities including whitepapers, proposals, and capability briefings.
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Health Policy or related field.
- 8+ years of strategic communications, stakeholder engagement or public relations and knowledge of strategic communications, stakeholder engagement, and public relations best practices and core principles.
- A proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, and a passion for creating engaging and relevant web and print content.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the development and execution of large and small communications strategies and leveraging various communications channels in the federal or private space.
- Experience working with and supporting senior executives.
- Excellent proficiency in copyediting, proofreading, and common publishing platforms as well as social media, Microsoft 365 suite.
- Ability to manage large delivery teams, prioritize workload and oversee a portfolio of communications contracts/workstreams.
- Exceptional oral and presentation skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. indefinitely without sponsorship
- Able to obtain a public trust if needed
- Conference and event planning, event marketing or production experience.
- Experience in developing and executing paid and earned media campaigns.
- PMP Certification.
- Understanding of 508 Compliance.
- Experience supporting the Department of Defense, the FDA or Veterans Affairs.
- Veteran status
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position may be subject to client or government vaccination and masking guidance, policy or requirements as may be changed from time to time.
Work location is flexible if approved by the company except that position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-13