Senior Strategist, Corporate Social Responsibility
Provides strategic leadership and direction in Community Engagement, Community Relations, Corporate Responsibility, Social Impact, and Community Health. Directs activities across multiple markets/counties to build positive reputation, enhance community relations, drive growth, demonstrate corporate responsibility, and improve the social impact and health of the community. Partners with market leaders, community partners, key influencers, local elected officials, public health officials, clinicians, as well as teammates to leverage partnerships to influence policy, advance healthcare access, and impact community social conditions. Sets strategy using best practice, data-driven and outcomes research to further advance Atrium Health’s mission. Leads program development, evaluation, grants and sponsored program management, operations, budget creation and development, and handles daily operations, as well as implements and executes plans. Provides advice and guidance on established and emerging social impact projects. Serves as primary point of contact for teammates, internal management, and external vendors on current and emerging social impact initiatives. Ensures that execution in the community is aligned with strategy through subordinate organizational structure and management.
• Formulates and directs the strategy and execution plan in one or more assigned areas of responsibility including: Community Engagement, Community Relations, Corporate Responsibility, Social Impact, and Community Health in alignment with market leaders while ensuring quality evaluation and measurement of impact.
• Serve as the market relationship expert in collaboration with the market president to develop and implement a comprehensive market strategy for growth, reputation, and social impact.
• Oversees a department/cost center and is responsible for developing budgets, goals, and strategic plans that ensure high level of performance related to corporate and department goals.
• Leads strategy development based upon best outcomes and practice supported by academic literature that maximizes social impact.
• Leads financial and sponsored funding efforts specific to community engagement, corporate responsibility, social impact, community health that support Atrium Health’s Social Impact Mission. Works closely with community investment leaders to review sponsorship requests and align with system and community priorities.
• Supports the Senior Vice President and Assistant Vice President with overall operations by developing budgets, goals, community investments, reports, teammate engagement, meetings, and strategic planning.
• Build and sustain relationships/partnerships with community leaders, government leaders, elected officials, public and health policy experts, and nonprofit organizations to support business objectives and help meet community needs.
• Leads operations to execute on plans from conceptualization to implementation.
• Serves as a subject matter expert identifying trends in corporate social responsibility that may impact business and reputation.
• Develops, tracks, and reports using quantitative and qualitative metrics for executive management and/or “the Board”.
• Utilizes academic literature, statistical research, methodological techniques, and analytical tools to create clear and concise position papers, executive summaries, and insights on Community Engagement, Community Relations, Corporate Responsibility, Social Impact, and Community Health issues.
Walking, standing, and presenting or communicating through a variety of mediums. Ability to lift 25 or more pounds. Frequent travel and mobility. Strong Interpersonal skills, great conflict management skills, great analytical reasoning.
Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in the Social and Health sciences, Business, Communications, Public Policy, Health Policy, or Political Science, and 7 to 10 years managerial experience in relationship management, community engagement, or developing community interests. Preference for demonstrated professional experience in research, analysis, and writing on issues related to the social determinants of health and the impact of these non-clinical issues on underserved individuals and communities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-06