Citizen seeks a seasoned and agile political operator to serve as its Senior Strategist, Political. You’re the right person for this role if you have extensive campaign and/or political strategy on either (or both) sides of the aisle, and are ready to use your skillset to support a new generation of inspiring leaders and solutions via causes (c4, c6, and PAC) and candidates.
In this role, you’ll work alongside Citizen leadership to develop a company framework and long-term strategy for Citizen’s political engagement. On an ongoing basis, you’ll identify and evaluate opportunities for Citizen to deploy its growing set of unique data, analytics, strategy, and messaging tools. You’ll also work closely with Citizen’s growth team to pursue and win these political opportunities.
Once we’ve engaged political partners, you’ll be responsible for helping them to build and execute upon data-driven political strategies leveraging Citizen’s in-house research and analytics capabilities including public opinion research, message testing, persuasion modeling and audience development.
Citizen is a rapidly-growing company. The ideal candidate for this position will be a utility player with a hunger to learn and evolve alongside our team, potentially expanding into broader responsibilities in the future.
Citizen is remote, and we are happy to consider talent nationwide for this position.
- Develop a framework and long-term strategy for Citizen political engagement
- Carefully identify and evaluate Citizen political opportunities
- Collaborate with Citizen’s growth team to acquire new political partners and clients
- Build data-driven political strategies on behalf of Citizen partners
- Leverage Citizen’s in-house data capabilities to support political partners
- Cultivate, maintain, and strengthen relationships with Citizen political partners
- Other duties as assigned
- 7-10 years’ minimum experience in politics, campaigning, and/or issue advocacy
- Leader with the ability to map out long-term strategies and identify opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and execute data-driven campaigns
- High-level understanding of basic campaign operations, including fundraising, targeted outreach, and research
- Dedication to supporting a new generation of inspiring leaders and solutions in the form of pragmatic causes and candidates on either sides of the aisle
- Excellent relationship, communication, and customer management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across Citizen’s functions, including leadership and growth
- Business-minded and skilled at tying political opportunities to broader company objectives
- Background knowledge of data, research, and/or tech spaces preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and preference for a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Alignment with and commitment to Citizen’s mission
Please apply here.
Job posted: 2021-11-10