Senior Survey Researcher, Public Policy Evaluation Research
At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand or influence behavior, drive action on a national or global scale, and create a positive impact on the world. FMG was created with the vision of becoming a refreshingly different type of research and consulting firm by solving challenges through solutions steeped in scientific theory, methodological rigor, and creativity. This vision has shaped core capabilities led by experts in their field, which include health communications, human capital management, digital marketing and design and data science.
As a Certified B Corporation and Best Place to Work, FMG’s positive impact extends far beyond our client portfolio. FMG makes a difference in the community through pro bono service, difference in our ecosystem through environmentally conscious business practices and partnerships, and difference with our employees through a value driven workplace.
FMG’s Public Policy Evaluation (PPE) practice is seeking an experienced, intelligent, and motivated Senior Survey Researcher to contribute to survey research projects and projects examining the implementation and impact of policies and programs. This individual will conduct survey research and guide research teams to understand client needs, design research and evaluation projects, collect and analyze data, summarize findings, and provide recommendations through reports, visualizations, and interactive data dashboards. Independence and comfort executing different steps of the survey research lifecycle – including instrument development, fielding, data collection, analysis, and reporting – is essential, as is the ability to collaborate across teams with FMG colleagues.
- Thinking creatively to help clients answer the questions, “did this work”, “will this work”, and “how can it work better”. Contributing knowledge and expertise to the methods, theories, models, and processes involved in the collection, analysis, and evaluation of social programs.
- Supporting the execution of survey research projects across all phases of project lifecycle.
- Consulting with clients to identify research questions and the best survey and analysis methodology to assess them
- Contributing to a range of survey research projects across FMG’s PPE practice area for federal and private clients
- Consulting and executing best practices for a survey’s approach to quality control, administration, and data management
- Analyzing and interpreting results using descriptive and inferential quantitative analyses. Combining survey data with administrative data and paradata.
- Contributing to PPE’s business development activities, including identifying opportunities, writing proposal sections, and developing project budgets.
- Managing the successful execution of PPE projects, including scheduling, technical quality, financial performance, and client satisfaction.
- Graduate degree in social sciences, public polcy, or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of post-graduate applied experience contributing to and leading survey projects, preferably for federal clients.
- Demonstrated ability developing a variety of high-quality written and presentation work products and deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in at least one statistical analysis software package (STATA preferred, SPSS, or R) and proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Training in survey methodology and social science research (e.g., survey design, psychometrics, cognitive interviews, administering surveys, data cleaning and management, topline reporting, significance testing, multivariate regressions).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Willingness and ability to learn new research topic areas, methods, and analytic approaches.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills, including proposal writing.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- A collaborative, small business environment where staff are self-motivated and enthusiastic about their field of study.
- Opportunities to conduct high quality research and influence decision making.
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-02