Senior Vice President, Banking Policy and Economic Research
Want to work for a great Organization? The American Bankers Association is the banking industry’s champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People – ABA experts are the “go to” sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale – ABA’s unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven – ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
ABA is seeking a Senior Vice President, Banking Policy and Economic Research who will build, maintain and lead preeminent research and data capabilities necessary for ABA to be the recognized voice of the banking industry and its trusted source for data and analytics.
· Build, maintain and lead preeminent research and data capabilities necessary for ABA to be the recognized voice of the banking industry and its trusted source for data and analytics.
· With a focus on applied research integral to support and drive ABA’s policy and communications agenda, the Office of Banking Policy Research conducts industry surveys and benchmarking studies, analysis of financial condition and performance, the condition of the FDIC insurance fund and assessment structure, and reports on the essential role of banks in broader financial markets and in fostering general economic and community growth.
· Provide data to support the Association’s strategic planning and business decisions.
· Work closely with ABA banker committees and policy issue experts to identify and respond to research and data needs. This includes but is not limited to:
o ag lending, consumer issues.
o commercial real estate.
o inclusive industry practices.
o operations risk.
o residential mortgages.
o small business lending.
A minimum 10 years of experience in economics, banking, or finance.
· Advanced degree in Economics or Finance.
· Presentation skills.
· Strong writing capabilities.
· Ability to connect with CEOs of large and small institutions.
· Proven communications skills.
· Possesses the vision, leadership skills, policy orientation and technical expertise necessary to build out and oversee preeminent financial research operation.
· Is an established data scientist to oversee and lead ABA data and statistical functions.
· Has a strong background in economics and policy to oversee and lead ABA’s policy research operation.
· Has a strong track record in developing and supporting policy formation.
· Has keen understanding of banking and finance markets.
· Leadership skills, demonstrated by a proven track record of managing staff across a variety of professional levels and creating a strong and collaborative team environment.
· Exhibits strong management skills.
· Is committed to a collaborative team environment.
· Connects readily with senior banking executives.
· Is skillful as a public speaker and media spokesperson.
· Highly complex and significant degree of judgment required.
· Private and government sector experience is a plus.
· PhD is a plus.
Job posted: 2020-11-11