Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Vice President, Digital Public Affairs and Brand Development
SKDK, an award-winning public affairs and political advertising agency, is looking for a driven, self-starter to join its public affairs team as Senior Vice President for its Digital Public Affairs & Brand Development Team. With offices in Washington, D.C., New York City, Albany, and Los Angeles, SKDK brings unparalleled strategic communications experience to Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, philanthropic organizations, labor unions, political committees, and candidates.
Whether it is creating a campaign launch video for a candidate, assisting a corporate client on establishing messaging around their corporate social responsibility strategy, or guiding a nonprofit through a crisis, SKDK is always at the forefront, leading the charge. There is no company better that understands the intersection of press, politics, and policy.
At SKDK, we are made whole by the diversity of our team. We are a firm that invites and celebrates the uniqueness of each member of our team and encourages individuals to bring their best selves into the workplace. Whether it is through participation in one of our Employee Resource Groups, serving on our DEI Council, opportunities to volunteer, or bringing a unique perspective to client work, your individuality and experience matters.
As a Senior Vice President for the Public Affairs Digital Brand & Marketing Team you will work with a wide range of clients, including corporate, association, philanthropic, nonprofit and issue advocacy, and support the work of the firm to create deliverables that are creative, strong, and will help meet clients’ goals.
A Senior Vice President, Digital Public Affairs & Brand Development Team’s job responsibilities include:
- Leading medium and large-sized client teams as the digital marketing expert.
- Managing a growing team, with input from cross-team partners and senior management, responsible for developing, executing, and monitoring digital public affairs campaigns.
- Facilitating the development of complex, multifaceted strategic social media plans and supplemental project plans, while working to achieve communications goals.
- Optimizing internal processes and developing opportunities to better serve our clients and grow our operation.
- Building a center of excellence, making performance and insights the foundation of every account.
- Overseeing team deliverables to ensure expert quality while nurturing and enabling the team to grow to its highest potential.
- Driving accountability and intellectual curiosity from all peers and teams through data-driven insights and training.
- Using research and data to help clients identify their real problems and working within the agency to develop custom digital solutions.
- Developing and delivering presentations to clients and internal stakeholders that maintain the firm’s high standards, elevate the understanding of the viewer, and provide clear directives to further our client’s goals.
- Identifying, through proactive and consistent efforts, ideas that generate value for our clients and our agency.
- Serving as a thought leader with team leadership to meet client goals.
- Participating in new business development by generating business ideas and leads and drafting new business proposals.
- Showing fiscal responsibility with vendors and clients for resource allocation within a team.
A successful candidate will have:
- 15+ years of relevant experience, including leading and managing team.
- A high EQ to develop highly productive working relationships across departments and with senior clients.
- Evidence of being well-versed in today’s media and technology environment and a record of developing and executing digital marketing strategies: including social media, mobile, data, online advertising, and monitoring.
- A commitment to creating an inclusive workplace and working collaboratively with consideration for others.
- An innate drive to keep up with social and cultural trends, technology, and marketing strategies.
- Experience of consultancy, business strategy, innovation, and advocacy are an advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple projects and handle competing deadlines.
SKDK is committed to pay equity. SKDK believes the target range of base compensation in this role is $165,000-$220,000. In addition to base salary, SKDK considers other key components as part of total compensation, including but not limited to an annual discretionary bonus, commission on new business, and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual base compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors, such as skillset, level of experience, and location.
What we offer:
SKDK provides a generous benefits package including excellent coverage for health, vision, and dental insurance premiums; paid parental leave; time off including vacation, holidays, and sick time; 401(k) with an employer contribution, reimbursement for cellular service, public transportation benefits, and additional benefits.
SKDK believes in the growth and development of all our employees and therefore we offer:
Professional development and career guidance
Opportunities for advancement
Participation in Employee Resource Groups
A collegial and supportive office environment
Employment at SKDK is contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference check, and compliance with SKDK’s COVID-19 policy. SKDK requires all employees to show proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC, prior to the beginning of their employment. Applicants who believe they need an accommodation of this policy because of a medical exemption or sincerely-held religious belief should inform the Director of Human Resources after an offer of employment is extended; please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious information on your application materials.
SKDK is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any protected category.
Job posted: 2023-01-09